Crockpot pulled pork - super easy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crockpot pulled pork - super easy

Lately my wife has wanted some sort of pulled pork bbq/carnitas just about every week. She dug up this recipe and made some last week. I was VERY skeptical that it would work, but it turned out great. I thought there was no way it would be tender, but the fat renders out and does the trick. Can't get much easier than this.

3-4 lb pork shoulder
    1 package of McCormicks dry BBQ seasoning
    1/2 cup water

Put the pork shoulder in the crockpot and pour the packet over the top. Pour the water in the bottom. Cook for 1 hr per lb on high or 2 hrs per lb on low. When it's cooked, remove and shred with a fork. Back into the crockpot to keep it warm.

Super easy and very tasty. The kiddos loved it too. I'm adding this one to my lease crock pot recipe list.

Sounds easy enough!
    I think I'll try it when I get back home.

Comment

Dude! Even I could pull that off!

Comment

An added twist it to add a jar of salad peppers to the pot with your pork. Kinda adds an Italian taste to the flavor. A bottle of Italian salad dressing works as well.

Comment

Dinner is served!
          Attached Files

Comment

How did you like it? I bet it was good. It looks just like ours did.

Originally posted by Stins View Post
            Dinner is served!

Comment

Originally posted by innergel View Post
              How did you like it? I bet it was good. It looks just like ours did.
              The wife and I LOVED it, it was even better the next day warmed back up. Also, I made some pulled pork taco's with it one night that were fabulous.

This will deffinately be one of our routine dinners for here on out.

Comment

I havent been home to try this yet but I have a question.

Would some of this pork, and some chopped onion and tomato (or some home made pico), and maybe some hot sauce on a tortillia make a good taco?

Thinking of doing this for after church breakfast tacos. Sounds pretty cheap to make. Someone normally does tacos or pancakes once a month for a little social hour/fundraiser after church.

Most of the time its egg, bacon, cheese, and maybe onions and peppers in the breakfast tacos.
                I like shredded beef or pork even for breakfast!!

Comment

I have a dummy question. When you say "shoulder" are you just talking about a big chunk of meat from the hindquarter?

I think I grew up calling everything the wrong thing, so I'm not really sure if what I'm thinking is right.

Comment

1. Yes it would make a great taco for church. See Stins comment.

2. The shoulder and butt are different cuts of meat. I think either will work. Just get a chunk that looks like an actual part of a pig, preferably with a bone in it. Not something that is shredded and then pressed into a log shape.

Comment

I cut all this stuff up myself, so it's ridiculous that I don't know what it's called.
                      I just de-bone everything, and keep the stuff that looks good.

I have a bunch of big chunks off the butt that I wasn't sure what to do with. I'll give them a try with this.

Comment

I used a boned out rear quarter.

Comment

Sounds Good!!

Comment

Works even better with a pressure cooker and takes less than half the time we crew up as kids on this stuff still taste great.

Comment

that looks goooooood

Comment

Working...
                              X