No announcement yet.

Arrow Pilot Taco Soup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite recipe for taco soup by far. I've modified my version a bit, few things I do different:

- Sauté a poblano or two with the onions.
    - Replace two cans of corn with a can of fire roasted corn and a can of hominy.
    - Rather than two pounds of hamburger, I'll do a pound of chili grind and then cook the cheapest 1 lb steak I can find. Cook the steak medium rare, slice and dice it up, put about 2/3 or so in the pot toward the end. Then brown and crisp up the remainder of the steak in a skillet and throw in.

Comment

Made a pot yesterday using Snakelovers ingredients. Turn out pretty good (wife loved it)

Curious to read through the rest of this thread to see some recommend alterations!
      Last edited by 150class; 11-11-2021, 08:07 AM.

Comment

I do basically the same but use a pkg of taco seasoning and ranch dressing mix for every 1lb of meat:

1lb burger (axis is really good)
        1pkg taco seasoning
        1pkg ranch dressing mix
        1 can rotel
        1 can pinto beans
        1 can kidney beans
        1 can corn

Brown meat, add rest of ingredients and simmer until ready to eat. The juice from the canned items adds enough liquid but you can add some water if desired. For larger batches just double, triple, etc. everything.

Comment

That's some good looking chili

Comment

Going to make a big pot of this tomorrow. Can't wait! Good stuff.

Comment

Looks great!! Dumb question..... do you drain off any of the canned items?

Comment

Just leave out the corn--too "sweet" for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                  Looks great!! Dumb question..... do you drain off any of the canned items?
                  I use the liquid in the soup

Comment

Looks good! Gonna give this a try!

Comment

With a little variation, i am making a batch of this right now.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Comment

yessir, i have this one ready to try this coming weekend... many thanks

Comment

Made Taco Soup today and added half a bag of Fideo noodles (Dollar General - 50 cents a bag)that I toasted in butter. You guys should try Fideo.

Comment

Making a pot this weekend

David and Randy would be proud, they both liked this

Comment

I had the same idea for this cold weekend

Comment

I have mine on the stove now. Going to be good with this cold weather we're about to have.

Comment

Working...
                                X