No announcement yet.

A bit of closure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good to hear!! **** happens in bowhunting. Glad you get another shot at him. Screw a rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by thorthunder View Post
      Ran a large lease in central Texas for 22 years. This is a lease managers worst nightmare. Great example why bow hunting should be restricted on most leases.............
      What???

Comment

Ran a large lease in central Texas for 22 years. This is a lease managers worst nightmare. Great example why bow hunting should be restricted on most leases.............

What the hell? Have another bourbon

Comment

Hope you get him this year! It will make for an awesome story!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It happens with guns also, I have put my dog on several blood trails of deer that were shot with rifles that were too much alive to recover. 4 that I can think of were back on cameras within a month.

To the OP, wish you could have gotten him last season but now he has another year of age and is a great buck, hope you get him this year.

Comment

Get after him. Good luck and keep us posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This is not good stuff. Wounding an animal really blows.
                Hope the OP drops the Indian stick and string method and kills this deer the next time. Wounding it twice would be disgusting..........
                Agreed that wounding sucks. Dead and wasted sucks more. It could have been worse.

The last comment however is over the top though. We all know that **** happens. Be it with a compound, crossbow, or rifle too. Seen plenty cases of unrecovered rifle shot deer.

You may have had bad experiences in the past... but I am certain in the grand scheme of things, your sample size is small and your comment is being very narrow minded.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

This is not good stuff. Wounding an animal really blows.
                  Hope the OP drops the Indian stick and string method and kills this deer the next time. Wounding it twice would be disgusting..........
                  It does stink to wound one. I see rifle wounded deer all the time. I've even put them down with a bow before. What is good is the deer made it and obviously is doing well. Just because it may be beyond you to be lethal with an "Indian stick" doesn't mean others aren't.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    What the hell? Have another bourbon
                    Yeah I need to adopt that rule myself. No posting under the influence. [emoji5]

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

I've seen plenty of game wounded by rifles as well, this is a BS statement!

To the OP very nice buck hopefully you get a shot at him this year.

Comment

Nice buck! I'm glad to see he pulled through. Good luck at getting another chance this year.

Comment

I normally agree with most of your posts, and you seem like a good guy...but you know this is a bowhunting website right?

Comment

Good Luck, he will make a great trophy.

Comment

Great looking buck, good luck this year.

Comment

You sir are a very mis-informed individual that obviously has very little understanding of the lethality of archery equipment!!!! And as such should refrain from making hateful comments about the choice of weaponry used by other outdoorsman. Especially when you are reading posts on a BOW HUNTING forum under the TRADITIONAL ARCHERY section.
                                Last edited by sweetinlow660; 08-13-2017, 08:32 AM. Reason: DRT showed me the error of my ways

Comment

Working...
                                X