No announcement yet.

(Texans Against) High Speed Rail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Based on the information provided last night it looks like a total farce. We haven't been surveyed and are in the travel path. How can you complete an environmental survey without stepping foot on every piece of property??

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
      Is this a private endeavor between DFW & Austin, or publicly funded?
      Originally posted by trophyhunter01 View Post
      Someone will get rich off this mess. Is there really a need for such a transport method.
      I don't know but I'd wager a ton of taxpayer money is going to it. And I'd wager anything it goes way over budget.

Comment

maybe 300 mph

Comment

Originally posted by Chef View Post
          Based on the information provided last night it looks like a total farce. We haven't been surveyed and are in the travel path. How can you complete an environmental survey without stepping foot on every piece of property??
          Environmental survey is different than a property survey. they probably flew over, reviewed GIS data, etc...only place they will step foot is places of interest, like indian burial sites, places of known artifacts, fossils, known endangered animal habitat, wetlands, migratory animal routes, stuff like that.

Comment

Think this is he proposed map.

Comment

Its not coming too close to me but I honestly cant see a need for this. I dont see how the tickets will be cheaper than airfare between the two cities. Plus just like flying then you got to rent a car so it just makes sense to me to drive.

Comment

Go to this website. You can zoom in to each county to see it's path.

View detailed county and segment-level maps of the Texas Bullet Train alignment. These maps reflect ‘Preferred Build Alternative A’ as outlined by the Federal Railroad Administration in their Draft Environmental Impact Statement (DEIS), released on December 15th, 2017.
                Last edited by Tryton; 01-31-2018, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Imminent domain has a place. Water reservoirs, running water pipe lines and infrastructure needed for basic human needs sometimes has to be forced. I've seen land owners absolutely refuse to allow water conduit to be run across properties regardless of monies offered. The reality being that within two years of installation the cattle grazing on it had better grazing on the right of way than any other place on the property. However imminent domain has been over used and abused and is too often a tool used to benefit the few instead of the many.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

We have been to a few meetings about it. Supposed to come through our place. Obviously no one is happy about it. Hoping it doesn't happen!

Comment

I may be one of the few but I think the US is lacking public transportation. I'd take the rail to make it to my parents house in half or less time it would take me to drive. Heck I could have a lease with friends down there hop the train and ride with them to it. Cut 4-5 hours off the trip for way less then it would cost to drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Tryton View Post
                        Go to this website. You can zoom in to each county to see it's path.

https://www.texascentral.com/alignment-maps/
                        The information on this site is outdated and incorrect. This original path created in 2014 was west of our property. The current route is approx. 1.5 miles east of its original path.

Comment

I am against public transportation. It destroys all areas.

Comment

Any explanation on this? I think it could help alot of familys

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
                            I am against public transportation. It destroys all areas.

Comment

They have raised something like 2% of the over all cost. It is a scheme in my opinion, and it will be replaced by self driving cars before it is even complete.

Dont see how it will help with the flooding we have seen either.

Southwest airlines by itself will squash it.

The Asian money behind this deal is going to learn what property rights in TX mean, real quick.

Comment

Originally posted by scott.str View Post
                                Any explanation on this? I think it could help alot of familys
                                Feel free to chip in on the land that will be lost to many family’s also!

Comment

Working...
                                X