No announcement yet.

bogen super clamp question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go back to the store and ask for it...it's supposed to come with the unit. It can be moved to two different positions...one for mounting to a horizontal surface and one for mounting to a vertical surface.

Comment

Smith, you are sounding a lot like an Aggie!!!!

Comment

Pictures.....we need pictures!!!!!!! I need to know what all this is about but have no idea. Super clamps, EZ hangers, ??????????? I just use a Gorilla camera arm. Haven't looked into any other set up to date.

Comment

Texag, here is the bogen tripod head and super clamp. I bought both units at a professional photo and video store in Austin. You can order them online, though. By the way, the new bogens suck! They aren't nearly as smooth as the old ones (pan and tilt.) Same price, lower quality product, in my opinion.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P9080333.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	24717339

And the Realtree Extra long ez hanger...
          The super clamp will grip one segment if you position it just right. But like I said, I double up the last two segments.

Comment

This is what you need.

Comment

Thanks Casey! That's the info. I needed. That will definitely solve my problem.

Comment

One thing you will want to get if you haven't already is a short stud for the super clamp. The clamp comes with a standard stud but it's really too long. Buy the short stud.

Comment

Sika, I did get a short stud for it so the head will fit flush with the clamp. Even though I'm an Aggie, I did figure that one out. Thanks anyway.

Comment

If you wantto upgrade to a higher quality clamp for a larger camera like the GL2 you should check out www.huntercam.com I switched to that about 6 months ago and feel much safer with my camera then using the super clamp.

Comment

Sorry the website is www.huntercamcradle.com

Comment

What kind of stand are you using?

You can buy a clamp that fits to your stand at Sportsmen Warehouse. It is a tripod that fits on your window of your car. They have them wide enough to fit on your tree stand also. I think it was 29.99 Busnell Car Window Mount 78-4405 is the one I bought. I have a Gorilla ladder stand an it fits the metal on the stand and or the the gun rest which swivels. The clamp expands to the width of the metal on the stand or gun rest. Cheap simple solution.

Tool

Originally posted by trophy_taker View Post
                        I just got a bogen 3130 head and superclamp. My question is when you mount it on your tree arm, how do you keep it from slipping once it is tightened up. To position it level on the arm, there is a triangular space above the top of the arm that is not contacting the square tubing. If enough pressure is put on the head it slips around the square tubing of the arm. Do you need to cut a spacer wedge to shim it in tight or what do you do? What arms do most people use? I have a gorilla arm that will work. I was hoping to get a 3-way adjustable Team Realtree bow holder and clamp the super clamp to it. I like the idea of being able to screw the arm into the tree rather than ratchet(seems loud when ratcheting) but I don't think these bow holders will support the weight. Any thoughts or ideas? I don't want to spend a lot of money on an arm.
                        Chris

Comment

Jack Brittingham showed me this little device last week. Instead of an EZ hanger, he uses this with the bogen super clamp for self-video from a tree stand.

Bogen Camera Arm

Comment

OK I understand that Bogen is the best way to go but is there a cheaper way out? You know one for the Family man with a stay at home wife and 3 kids?

Comment

Yes, a mount doesn’t need to be expensive to be effective...but if you are willing to spend $500 or more on a nice camcorder, why settle for a cheap mount? I've seen many a cheap tripod come crashing down, damaging the camera mounted on top. Plus, a good tripod or mount will make all the difference in the world in the quality of your video.

Comment

Well I have priced the clamps and they are not to bad but the head is just a little much.

Comment

Working...
                                X