Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ar guru questions

I have a problem
    i have 2 complete lowers, one i built, one i bought (spikes tactical i built, and a no name)

when i mated the spikes tactical to the spikes tactical lightweight upper (14.5 inch thats pinnedd to legal length. ran like a champ for aboout 50 rounds then the lower locked up. trigger wouldnt reset back to firing position, threw it in the safe to mess with later

next trip out to lease i threw that upper on a the other complete lower and the same thing happened. is this just bad luck with lowers/ pins backing out or an issue with the upper? im not very familiar with ARs

Did the BCG return to battery when it locked up? If you remove the upper, is the hammer still locked back?
    If you look down in the lower, you want to ensure the hammer is being held back by the disconnector. If it is still being held back at the sear, the trigger will not reset.
    I may be completely looking in the wrong direction here. Hard to tell without being able to see it.

Comment

This should help you see what exactly is going on in there. Incidentally, if your safety has slipped out it can cause this as well:

All those movements are dependent on each other. Also, if the bolt carrier group isn't returning forward it will hold the hammer back and not allow the trigger to reset. That would also creat a problem with getting the upper removed from the rifle, as it would most likely be still extended into the buffer tube.
      Last edited by roughneck266; 03-15-2019, 01:14 PM.

Comment

I'mma check both of these tomorrow. Thank you

Comment

Ar guru questions

What Ammo are you shooting? I had a double feed that broke a ballistic top off a round. That tip got between the trigger and safety and it wouldn’t fire. First time I had ever seen that.

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMINREELS View Post
            I'mma check both of these tomorrow. Thank you
            You have any luck?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X