Cold steel broadheads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold steel broadheads

So i went to the archery shop yesterday to do a little paper tuning and before i left i had a 6 pack of these 125 gr bh's for $12.
    Aaron showed me a steel filing cabiner they shot these through 4 times before the bh broke on the 5th. I am going to keep a few in the quiver for pigs if i happen to see one. I still have not shot them but should be able to tomorrow to give some feed back on flight.
    Attached Files

Looks awesome & now I want to try one on a filing cabinet

Comment

Are they steel or that poly they make knives and spears out of?

Comment

Originally posted by Reelthreat View Post
        Are they steel or that poly they make knives and spears out of?
        Poly

Comment

Think they're poly.

Comment

Well, they look pretty gnarly. Don't know how I feel about a plastic BH though...

Comment

Cold Steel makes great pocketknives. I'm interested to see how these heads hold up. Don't know that i could force myself to shoot a deer with a plastic head but I'd shoot a pig with anything.

Comment

They held up pretty well to some so called metal heads. Never thought they would! They are made just to shoot once! But like said above the same head survived four times being shot into an old steel filing cabinet.

Comment

Originally posted by clffrdfdge View Post
                  They held up pretty well to some so called metal heads. Never thought they would! They are made just to shoot once! But like said above the same head survived four times being shot into an old steel filing cabinet.
                  I don't hunt filing cabinets.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Duh, that's to show you how strong they are! They went thru both sides of steel four times, some metal broad heads can't even do that. Flesh would be no problem.

Comment

Don't think these broadheads were meant for anything other than small game. I'm sure some folks have pushed their limits but they are named "Cheap Shots" for a reason, one and done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
                        Cold Steel makes great pocketknives. I'm interested to see how these heads hold up. Don't know that i could force myself to shoot a deer with a plastic head but I'd shoot a pig with anything.
                        Im Going to do a lot of stump shooting at the lease with them to see how well they hold up. And if i see a pig im going to shoot it with one as well.
                        I saw how well they help up at the shop, there is a good video of them holding up against plywood and other stuff. I know they are durable enough for animals and i am positive it will kill a buck of a lifetime but they wont be my primary head by any means. They do seem like a wonderful alternative to slinging high dollar heads at pigs, coons, squirrels and such

Comment

I think it's more difficult for us older guys to accept new technology. Honestly these heads may work great on a deer. For me I know a steel head will punch through a rib or shoulder blade, maintain a cutting edge, and do terminal damage even with a slight quartering shot. I'm going to use what I know works. Then again I once believed the 30-06 was the best deer cartridge. Now I'm pretty sure it's the 243.
                          If I go javalina hunting I may try them.

Comment

I would have zero issue with using them. I know Cold Steel products, and they aren't going to put anything out there that is junk.

The only issue I have with them is their weight.
                            With a 125gr max weight, they are considerably low of where I want to be, and I don't like having to jack with insert/outserts to compensate.

That said, I still might get a few & play with them some.

Rick

Comment

The insert thing was something I thought of as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X