• Time
  • Show
Clear All

ouch

Comment

What car?

Comment

Originally posted by Cathie View Post
        I saw a wreck involving a jeep and 2 semi trucks a few years back in Austin. The jeep didn't hold up any better
        IMO a jeep really aint no better than a smart car. There both a tin can on 4 wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by El Cheapo View Post
          It doesn't matter what the car is if squished between two trucks. Actually the Smart car is considered safe according to safety tests. I wouldn't buy one because they are way over priced. A real negative is they don't carry a spare tire plus the front and back tires are different sizes and can't be rotated. Stay with a Toyota or Honda.
          Uh....you might want to take a look at the tests conducted and the methods they use to come to these "conclusions". On the NHTSA and Insurance Institute tests completed on vehicle safety, they only crash the vehicle's into "similar sized" vehicles. They don't test the vehicles for crashes between two 20K lbs objects, nor do they test vehicles crashing against a vehicle twice it's weight. If I we sandwiched a smart car between two 1/2 ton American pickups, it'd probably still look just like the pic above.

Anytime you rely on a Government agency to "inform" you of something, take it as a grain of salt.

Oh, and it's not an "Obama Car Company".....it's a result of "Al Gorean Automotive"....not to say the current administration would like you to beleive the "smart cars" are "smart".

Comment

I hope Smart is OK.

Comment

It's not a smart.

The vehicle in the picture has 5 lug wheels - smarts have 3 lug wheels. The wheels on that look like a Ford Escape Hybrid/Chevy Cobalt/Saturn ION wheelcover.

Regardless of what you are in - if you get hit like that, you are going to be hurt if not killed...

Comment

My inlaws just bought a smart car.Cute little thing.To wash it you can just dip it in the commode and flush a couple times.

DJ

Comment

That not a car. It is a beer can wrapped around a motorcycle engine.

This big boy will never own one. Just bought another Yukon (from a TBH member).

Comment

Originally posted by WhiplashTX View Post
                    That doesn't look like a Smart Car to me, too much metal in there and that rim looks like a Chevy product. Based on how crumpled that car is, if it had been a Smart the trucks would be touching each other.

Correct that is NOT and smart car, but indeed is a chevy ..

Comment

Originally posted by El Cheapo View Post
                      A real negative is they don't carry a spare tire plus the front and back tires are different sizes and can't be rotated.
                      I always thought they'd be fun for a 2nd car just to putt around town, but that is just ridiculous!!

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
                        I hope Smart is OK.
                        funny stuff

someone please PM me how to quote multiple people,
                        don't know why I can't gigure it out, thanks
                        Last edited by DocHolliday; 08-10-2009, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Yikes!!!!!
                          Thats why i drive a truck.

Comment

ouch

Comment

Smart cars have been around since around 2000 or 2001. I can't remember when I went on vacation to Europe the first time but I remember seeing a smart car and a mini when I was in London. I took a pic of me hugging the car with a hand on each bumper! I even made a comment about both of them and said those would never make it in the US!

Comment

I agre with Artros. If my me, my wife and child, are ever in an accident I want all the advantage we can have. Thats why we both drive big trucks with big grill guards on the front and back. One of those smart cars hit a hillcountry deer last year and it looked like it was in a head-on. I don't know what safety test they are using but from what I have seen its bogus.

Comment

Working...
                                X