200+ mule deer at an antique shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flint knapper View Post
    Probably someone died and left all his game heads behind to who ever to do with what they want!

I know of an old barn in the hill country that is full of 180 to 200+ inch mule deer racks just nailed to the rafters!

Back in the day, you just hung them in the barn and didn't take it to the taxidermist to be mounted!
    Friend of mine in Kansas has heads like this in his barn and his granddads barn. All Whitetail

Comment

Yeah an old man we used to lease from in South Central Iowa had proble 10 boone and Crocket buck nailed to a header in his old garage. And he said he never was a trophy Hunter just getting some meat in the freezer.

Comment

Wow

Comment

Originally posted by Flint knapper View Post
          I know of an old barn in the hill country that is full of 180 to 200+ inch mule deer racks just nailed to the rafters!
          Sounds like some of my family in Iowa but with whitetail.

Comment

Originally posted by Dandy123 View Post
            Yeah an old man we used to lease from in South Central Iowa had proble 10 boone and Crocket buck nailed to a header in his old garage. And he said he never was a trophy Hunter just getting some meat in the freezer.
            Funny how those "meat hunters" don't pass up on the "trophies" when the opportunity arises. Or that could've just been his modest answer.

Nice find OP!

Comment

Originally posted by Dandy123 View Post
              My wife and I stop by one of her favorite antique stores yesterday and I walked by this little booth. And there was a 200 inch + mule deer skull. I bought it for $20. I've never bought a mount or antlers but this thing was so impressive and cheap I snatched it up. How in the hell does a deer like that end up at an antique store ? I wish I could figure out the story of the deer.

Great find and I woulda snatched em also!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice find, folks don't realize that it pays to hang with Momma on those little shopping trips sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
                  Nice find, folks don't realize that it pays to hang with Momma on those little shopping trips sometimes.
                  Yeah and I guess the antique stores are way better than going to the mall with her. At least there's a slight chance I may find something interesting

Comment

I'll give you $40. lol Who wouldn't want to double their $$

Comment

Nice find!

Comment

Originally posted by lakefork View Post
                        I'll give you $40. lol Who wouldn't want to double their $$
                        Think I'll pass. Great offer though

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
                          Funny how those "meat hunters" don't pass up on the "trophies" when the opportunity arises. Or that could've just been his modest answer.

Nice find OP!
                          Took the words out of my mouth. Somehow doubt out of those 10 B&C bucks, not one doe or lesser inferior buck crossed his path.......

Comment

200+ mule deer at an antique shop

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                            Friend of mine in Kansas has heads like this in his barn and his granddads barn. All Whitetail

There's a barn near my lease must have 50 skulls on the side
                            Some pretty good ones too

Great find
                            I'd pay $20 for that all day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You drink natural light? That's the real story here

Comment

Nice - similar situation a couple years back, following my wife around an Antique store in Kansas and saw a tine sticking up a few rows over. Bee-lined post haste, didn't expect this for $35.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X