X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is one I have to follow! Good luck

Comment

Wheel Wells

Go to an AC shop to get wheel wells fabricate, I'm sure there are some Air Conditioning guys on here who could do this job.

And for axles go to Soutwest Wheel, and get a Dexter catalog. Dexter is a better axle for travel trailers.
      Attached Files

Comment

Working on planning & logistics. Thanks for the suggestions on the last two posts,

Comment

Wouldn't worry about tongue weight mike if u start taking short cuts on it trying g to be lighter you'll pay for it in the long run just use a good weight distributing hitch and sway bars and you'll be fine if not I'll bring my Chevy or dodge and jerk it around for ya send me the plans u have and we'll get this thing Rollin

Comment

Fenders...http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...railer-fenders

Comment

I did one like this, you will be glad you did. Just be careful the costs really add up
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by nanny_slammer View Post
                Wouldn't worry about tongue weight mike if u start taking short cuts on it trying g to be lighter you'll pay for it in the long run just use a good weight distributing hitch and sway bars and you'll be fine if not I'll bring my Chevy or dodge and jerk it around for ya send me the plans u have and we'll get this thing Rollin
                I'll be in touch soon. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech32 View Post
                  I did one like this, you will be glad you did. Just be careful the costs really add up
                  Nice.

Comment

Wow!!! What a project. Can't wait to see it when it't finished.

Comment

Wow nice job

Comment

When you start framing side walls, I would definitely incorporate some long diagonal bracing. That old trailer frame will sag behind the axle if not. That frame needs some rigidity from the wall structure to be adequate.

Comment

Planning is mostly done. Talking with a couple of guys about welding vs. wood framing. I hope to have some welding done on the frame to make the floor one level, and fabricate wheel wells as soon as this weekend. We'll see. I've attached crude drawings of my plans. Sorry about the format. I can't figure out how to get the normal pages to display. A little progress is being made...
                          Attached Files

Comment

After a couple of weeks of a debilitating case of paralysis by analysis i've gotten started. I had grand designs of having some steel framing welded for additional support. Then i priced steel. So much for that idea. I'm going decidedly lower tech. I believe i will still have plenty of structural support, without too much weight when i'm done. Anyway, i hit the frame with the sander and reprimed today. The next step will be to roll in, and secure steel "flashing" on the under side to protect the wood from the elements. More to follow...
                            Attached Files

Comment

Go to the "teardrop TT" forum, you can get some great ideas. The key is to stay within budget.

Comment

LOve it! Whatever you do, take Dale's suggestions. He knows what he is doing! That hub suggestion is a great one. Keep posting pics and keep us in the loop. I've always to do something like this.

Comment

Working...
                                X