$9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$9

While stopping at an antique shop on Hwy 90, I found an old recurve for $9. Other than bein coated in flat black spray paint and having 1 spot on the riser that didnt look too bad.....I figured I would pick it up. It looks straight. I dont know the make or model, but looks to have been made of good craftsmanship.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the removing of the paint and what steps I should take to get it back into shooting condition?

I would also like to have it inspected by someone to see if it is even worth stringin or safe enuff to shoot.

Thanks!
    Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
    l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
    ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Can you post pics?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott G View Post
      Can you post pics?
      Maybe tommorrow. My bro-n-law still has it.
      Ultramatic Feeders

/l _ ,[____],
      l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
      ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

is it spray piant or factory paint??? if it is spray paint you will probably have to sand it down and refinish it. it's not very hard just takes some time. or if you just want to have it for bangin around you could leave it like it is

Comment

Joey, you should go ahead and refinish the bow; doesn't take much. Remove the paint and old finish, then spray spar urethane on. Very lightly for 3 or 4 coats. Helmsmann's spar urethane comes in a spray as well as the standard brush on stuff. Get the spray. A couple cans should do it.

9 dollars huh? Man, I don't find those deals.
          Last edited by LostHawg; 06-10-2008, 06:02 AM.

Comment

They had a Bear Grizzly in there, but when I pulled it back....it started poppin.

No thanks!
            Ultramatic Feeders

/l _ ,[____],
            l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
            ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Originally posted by LostHawg View Post
              Joey, you should go ahead and refinish the bow; doesn't take much. Remove the paint and old finish, then spray spar urethane on. Very lightly for 3 or 4 coats. Helmsmann's spar urethane comes in a spray as well as the standard brush on stuff. Get the spray. A couple cans should do it.

9 dollars huh? Man, I don't find those deals.
              Thanks!
              Ultramatic Feeders

/l _ ,[____],
              l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
              ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Working...
              X