Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cape Buffalo with a longbow. Let the adventure begin!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buff View Post
    I busted through a African Cape buffalo and several Australia buffalos with my 83# black widow and. 980 grain arrow

Awesome!! this is just the kind of info I was hoping someone could provide, thanks. It is cool to be able to get input from someone with first hand experience, as those ribs looked daunting to me, but I was only surmising :-)

Comment

Well, I broke out a practice head and Shot it into a cinderblock from about 10 or 12 yards and this was the result. I got about a half inch of penetration into the block and had to chisel it out. Head still 100% intact, and still spends good in the hand. Arrow was also 100% and did not even blow the nock out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	64829144-0406-435C-B278-4DD60E9ED3E1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	24547226

The tip was just a tiny bit bent, but I’m not sure if that is from the actual hit or the process of getting it out of the block itself. It actually looks more bent then it is in the picture because it is a single bevel head. Overall pleased with the performance and feel like it will work on a buffalo rib.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Cant believe the nock didn't blow out. I wish you would have videoed that shot, bet it was something.

Comment

Poor cinder block.[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Impressive! Tuffhead earns its name.

Comment

Man! Gettin pumped bout this for you Shiloh! And hey, ya almost hit your green dot on the cinder block too! Seems like a good shot analogy to me too, I mean them suckers are like a living life size cinder block. Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Originally posted by shortstroke 91 View Post
                Cant believe the nock didn't blow out. I wish you would have videoed that shot, bet it was something.
                I was shocked the nock didn't blow out either. I actually had my phone set up to record it, but backed out last second afraid of what was going to happen (with my luck) and didn't want my new phone to take any hits of flying shrapnel!

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                Impressive! Tuffhead earns its name.
                Definitely gets its name honestly!

Originally posted by spidermonkey View Post
                Man! Gettin pumped bout this for you Shiloh! And hey, ya almost hit your green dot on the cinder block too! Seems like a good shot analogy to me too, I mean them suckers are like a living life size cinder block. Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty
                Yes sir, just hope they don't soak my arrow up like this cinder block did!

Comment

So, when are you going bud?
                  I cant wait to read the story and see ldp’s.

Comment

Originally posted by MEsquivel View Post
                    So, when are you going bud?
                    I cant wait to read the story and see ldp’s.

Will be landing in 3 short weeks! Schedule is jam packed between now and then, so hoping it doesn't drag by too slow.

Got my packing list started a couple days ago so hopefully won't be scrambling the night before (like I usually do) to get everything gathered up.

Comment

Awesome! That's too cool, man!
                      I wish you the best of luck. And I'll be around checking once in awhile to see if its already down...because it will.

Comment

I am looking forward to the story of the trip. If nothing else, that is going to be one heck of an experience! Hope you saved up for the full body mount with the arrow stuck in it! That story will need the life size mount. (Just move out the dining table and there will be room!)

Comment

Originally posted by MEsquivel View Post
                          Awesome! That's too cool, man!
                          I wish you the best of luck. And I'll be around checking once in awhile to see if its already down...because it will.

Thanks my friend!

Originally posted by gettin closer View Post
                          I am looking forward to the story of the trip. If nothing else, that is going to be one heck of an experience! Hope you saved up for the full body mount with the arrow stuck in it! That story will need the life size mount. (Just move out the dining table and there will be room!)

That would be pretty awesome, but my wallet says “no......” and my wife would say “NO!!!!!!!”. [emoji51]

Comment

Noticed the last couple days that it seemed like I was getting a bit of up kick from my arrows out of my 76lb bow if my release wasn’t perfect, so I tied on another nock to go below the arrow nock and it seemed to alleviate the problem and all my arrows thereafter were flying like darts. I did throw in a bare shaft to see how it would hit with the rest of the arrows from 15 yards or so. I honestly saw zero wobble in it and it was arguably the best shot out of the four.

Comment

In

Comment

Now this is awesome. Will be following. That cinder block shot was wicked.

Comment

Working...
                                X