No announcement yet.

Kingfish recipies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked to keep it simple and fry them. One of my favorite eating fish.

Comment

Fried or grilled its good. The meat does have a gray color, but taste good.

Comment

How big? Were they big enough to steak out?

If it's fillets - soak them in whole milk for about 20-30 mins, mix up panko breadcrumbs, canjun seasoning and a little garlic, single-dredge, pan sear in a good oil - grapeseed or something like that, drop it on a decent toasted roll with tomato and lettuce - some aioli if you're feeling fancy.

Comment

We usually steak ours out and grill. Lots of good marinades out there.

Comment

I steak the fillets and leave the skin on. I marinate them in zesty italian salad dressing a good while before cooking (hours not minutes). I take them from the marinade and squeeze some lemons and sprinkle with some tonys. Grill it with the skin down.

Comment

One of the guides I have gone with said the best way he found was to cut the filet into strips and wrap in jalapeño, cream cheese, bacon and grill. Just like a dove

I enjoyed it that way. Wasn’t a big fan of it grilled

Comment

[QUOTE=This cut the filet into strips and wrap in jalapeño, cream cheese, bacon and grill. Just like a dove

I enjoyed it that way. Wasn’t a big fan of it grilled[/QUOTE]

When bacon is done, eat bacon, cream cheese and jalepeno. Throw away the fish.

Comment

I boil the kingfish in crab boil til it falls apart and make a kingfish salad using red onion, celery, mayo, dill relish or jalapeño relish, celery salt, salt n pepper, hot sauce. Refirgierate overnight and serve with crackers. Sooo good. You can add just about whatever you like to your tasting. Seems like we change it up a bit every time we make it.

Comment

yummy

Comment

Kingfish

Soak in cheap margarita mix (liquid) and oil floats to top. It comes out white as cotton balls. Batter and fry.

Comment

I like to grill it and feed it to the dogs...

Comment

Working...
                        X