300 WSM powder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

300 WSM powder

I have a 300WSM coming in next week, and will start to make ammo for it. I have decided on the bullet that I will use, a 180gr Nosler Partition. You fellas that are loading that grain of bullet, let me know what powder you are using. I have quite a bit of powder selection at the house, I have heard RL15, IMR4350 and IMR4831 work, but need more info. Thanks

RL22 was my go to when I had my WSM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hoythitman View Post
      RL22 was my go to when I had my WSM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Thanks

Comment

No help here. I have one, but don't load for it, never shot it that much, and the Ballistic Silvertip ammo shoots very well in it.

Comment

i used RL22 for 180 grain A-frames when i had mine i believe.

Comment

I am in the same boat. I already have the gun, but I have not started reloading for it yet.

Comment

I'm using imr4350 and 178amax

I put 3 holes in my elk at 500 in the size of a baseball do I was and forever will be happy with that load

Comment

Nosler's website lists Hybrid 100V as the most accurate powder they tested.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                  Nosler's website lists Hybrid 100V as the most accurate powder they tested.
                  I seen that too. I was hoping to use an existing powder I have. Did not want to add to the other 50 varieties I have.😂

Comment

IMR 4350 shoots good in two of my rifles, so hopefully I can make it work.

Comment

In my short (20-in) barrel 300 WSM, I found H4895 works well with the 168 gr TSX bullet.

Comment

H4831 or 100V.

Comment

Has anyone use H4350? I currently have plenty that I use for my man-bun 6.5

Comment

RL26 will get you 100fps faster than any other powder out there!

Comment

Originally posted by coop2564 View Post
                              RL26 will get you 100fps faster than any other powder out there!
                              I am getting a can of this for my 6.5CM , have you seen much load data for it?

Comment

Working...
                              X