Good vendors to buy barrels from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good vendors to buy barrels from?

What's your experience? I'm going to be building a couple of rifles and am finding that the number of vendors is limitless. My FFL is pending so I will be buying retail. Also, probably going to be using Bartlein barrels. Thanks.

Lilja, Hart, Bartlein, Pac-Nor, Shilen, Krieger, Shaw, Douglas, would pretty much wrap up the top names.

Comment

I use Bobby Hart with Hart and sons, no complaints !!

Comment

Bugholes
        https://www.bugholes.com/category-s/1818.htm

Comment

IF you have everything else in place (sales tax stuff, DBA or LLC setup, etc.) you may be able to go ahead and setup accounts with some wholesalers and just not purchase firearms until the FFL arrives.

Comment

Originally posted by SOLID EAGLE View Post
            This

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
              IF you have everything else in place (sales tax stuff, DBA or LLC setup, etc.) you may be able to go ahead and setup accounts with some wholesalers and just not purchase firearms until the FFL arrives.

contact barrel makers and enter into an agreement where you will buy a minimum of say 10 barrels per year. Instead of paying $345 retail, you can purchase barrels for around $275. I use to do this with HART back in the day as part of their dealers program.

Only problem is waiting since some barrel makers have a 9 month delivery time. If you need a barrel now, buy from Bugholes.

Comment

Coreshooting is another good source.
                I haven’t bought from OTM Tactical but they also have parts.

Comment

What about shilen?

Comment

Bugholes for no wait. However, I cruise longerangehunting.come and 6mmbr.com and have bought quite a few blanks from guys on those sights without issue as stuff occasionally pops up that I'm looking for $25-$50 cheaper than retail.

Comment

Match Grade Machine (MGM) specializes in Thompson Center Contender barrels and accessories. TC Encore as well TC Contenders. Get custom built TC Contenders.

Comment

WTO keeps a few on hand as well and located in Texas

Comment

Thanks for the replies everybody!

Comment

Thanks again everybody. I bought a Bartlein barrel from Gary at Bugholes. Nice transaction with him. UPS misplaced the barrel for about a week but he got that straightened out.

Comment

Hawk hill would be my first choice second would be Krieger third would be bartlein

Comment

Working...
                              X