How to cook ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TC View Post
    These are my comp ribs from last weekend, hit 4th out of 28 with them. Same exact recipe also hit 16th out of 184 at nationals last year.
    That pic makes me hungry......and I just ate !

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
      Smoke 3 hours at 225, wrap in foil and put meat side down for 3 hours at 225, remove from foil with 15 minutes left, turn meat side up, and glaze with your favorite sauce. let them rest on a wooden cutting board for about 10 minutes before cutting them. I do competitions so when i do my ribs i add sweeteners when I wrap them, but for back yard ribs i just use a dry rub then wrap them half way through. I normally wont even glaze my back yard ribs. good luck, let us know how it turns out for ya!
      This is pretty much exactly how we do them. If you don't have six hrs though you can cook them at a little higher temp and they will still be good. I prefer low and slow though.

Comment

Oh and a glaze that we use most of the time is Dr. Pepper and brown sugar. You just pour out some of the DR and put brown sugar in it. Then screw the lid back on and poke a hole in it. Squire the mixture on top of the ribs and let carmelize.

Comment

Like others have said...season up with salt pepper garlic powder etc...smoke for a few hrs at 225 and then sauce em up, wrap in foil and put back on pit for another hour or so depending on how meaty they are. I like to make a BBQ sauce with sweet baby rays and dr. Pepper. It's pretty good.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395196572.555011.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	223.4 KB
ID:	24293477

Skinny

Comment

I am liking this thread. Some good ideas.

Comment

Thanks everyone for all of the advice. Now I just have to decide which method I will try. Maybe a couple of different ones.

Comment

Originally posted by esp View Post
                Thanks everyone for all of the advice. Now I just have to decide which method I will try. Maybe a couple of different ones.
                You've gotta find what fits YOU. Good luck brother! I'm looking forward to some rib pics from you soon!

Comment

Not sure if this was mentioned, but if you cook directly over the heat (which I really dont recommend), be careful not to burn and dry them out. When cooking on my barrel bit, I build my fire by the air vent, and put my ribs on the other side by the stack and cook on indirect heat the whole time.

Just wanted to mention this, because you can burn the heck out of some ribs cooking them directly over some hot coals...

Comment

Soooooo, which is best? A tender prime rib or a tough dry round steak?

LOL.

Comment

Great thread. I do like the fall off the bone ribs but like them on the bone too but maybe not as much. Could be I just ain't had them done right. Man, I'm ready for some ribs.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                        Electric smoker ( brinkmans from academy)
                        No foil for 45 min then wrapped in foil for 2.45 min with a good rub it is unbelievably easy and good
                        This is exactly how i do it as well! Awesome ribs!

Comment

That's the great thing about BBQ. Try all kinds to find how you and yours like it.

It's like Ford vs. Chevy, Bowtech vs. Matthews, mechanical vs. fixed blade. Lot's of different opinions on what is best. But in the end all that really matters is what suits you.

Comment

If you have a smoker, I would suggest using any of the thirty "fall off the bone" methods listed here..

Save the oven ribs for a snow day...

Comment

Snow days are the best days to fire up the pit. LOL.

Comment

Ribs

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                If you have a smoker, I would suggest using any of the thirty "fall off the bone" methods listed here..

Save the oven ribs for a snow day...
                                Yes , I do have a smoker ,but is not as big as yours. And I will be cooking them on the smoker. We do almost all of our cooking outside. I even cook pizza on my Weber gas grill.

Comment

Working...
                                X