Malinois Belgian Shepherds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jwood02 View Post
    I love my GSD. He is one generation out of Germany and is almost solid black. Be careful and find a good breeder with the right bloodlines. As said before, the breeding has been watered down a lot in some cases.
    X number of generation out of German is how they described it in the 80s. LOL.

My dog is out of Iltis von Der Wildsau aka Wolf on the top and has zPohranichni Straze lineage on bottom.

As with the Mal, the Euro working line GSD can be too drivey for a family pet. The good breeders test the pups and place them accordingly as they score. My dog scored a 3 out of 5. Two females in his litter scored 1s and were placed in police departments.

Comment

Comment

Interesting history of DDR and Czech lines.

Spartan Shepherds breeds champion German Shepherd puppies to the highest European standard. For competition, companionship, work or home defense, we have the perfect protective companion for you.

This is a great breeder in Arizona with direct ties to Jiri Novotny in the Czech Republic.

Alpine Safety K-9 International. The Original Importer of "Czech" Border Patrol German Shepherd Dogs. 623-388-5000 Phoenix, Arizona

There are some decent kennels in Texas with less expensive dogs.....like mine.

Comment

I was thinking one of the TBH brothers in Weatherford either bred them or trained them. I am sure I will guess wrong, but for some reason I am thinking his name is Tuffbroadhead or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by 67olds442 View Post

Awesome dog.

Comment

Don't listen to anyone that's never owned one. You'll never own a better dog than a malenois. I've had them in my house for twenty three years. Extremely clean, intelligent, faithful and obedient.

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry dude but the GSD is a far more versatile breed.

Smarter and better looking as well. LOL.

Click image for larger version

Name:	12369202_10206970063982366_1767853834277045529_n.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	24546260

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post

[ATTACH]915331[/ATTACH]
                  Dang that is a Pretty Dog..Love the Black face

Comment

They look like bad arse dogs, I just don’t have the time to invest in one.

Comment

10-4 on the lol.

[ATTACH]915331[/ATTACH]
                      Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

Comment

My pup right at a year old

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The way people over generalize traits of dog breeds would be comical if it wasn't such a disservice to the dogs themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Does not play well with other dogs. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                            Beautiful dog right there

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Pence View Post
                              Dang that is a Pretty Dog..Love the Black face
                              The racoon eyes.

Comment

I think like all discussions on here, it will boil down to personal preference and what you want. I originally looked at getting a Mal, but after speaking to the breeder I was looking at, he talked me out of it. I have 3 kids and was looking for the same thing as you. I grew up with GSD's and wanted something a little different, so I looked at a Mal. As said above, if you have the time and skill needed to train, go for it and you will love it. If you don't, look at something else. My GSD is 2 years old and loves herding my 1 year old daughter, chasing bubbles and will come when called, even off leash. We can all go back and forth on who is right and which is best about guns, bows and dogs. Bottom line is do your research and chose what is best for your family.

Comment

Working...
                                X