No announcement yet.

Tractor Supply gun safe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are y'all mounting these to the floor/walls or no? I've never really had enough guns to think I needed one but I'm there now.

Comment

Didn't mount mine... it's pretty dang heavy when you put some guns and a few thousand rounds of ammo in it.

Comment

Pop has one. It's been good for years. It's a 48, I think.

Comment

I got one and have had no issues. Wait till the sale starts unless you got money to burn.

Comment

Originally posted by talleywack97 View Post
            Just keep in mind if it says 24 gun safe its more like 8-10 scoped rifles. And another thing. Two doped up theives can probably carry out a 24 unless its beastmode heavy. I bought a 42 i think and wish id a gone bigger. Cause most folks don't need 2, just 1 bigger than originally thought
            ^^^^This^^^^. Great safes.

Comment

I've got one and it has done great. I got the 24, and wish i had gone bigger. I'm outta room and need to buy another one now! Mine is bolted to the floor.

Comment

wait until the sale starts in a couple of weeks and save some $$ for the same safe.

Comment

Have had mine for over 10 years, never a single problem.

Comment

Bolt them down. Preferably in a closet where they cannot get leverage in the door seams with a crowbar. They are fairly easy to open with a couple of crowbars, check out utube videos.

Comment

Dad picked up one last year on Black Friday and has had no issues with it.

Comment

Originally posted by capt1brooks View Post
                        You can’t tell the difference. Unless you read the ratings.
                        You'll know the difference between a RSC and a real safe the moment someone with a pry bar shows up, or when there is a fire. Don't get me wrong—safes from TSC or Academy are great for a lot of things, but realize it's not going to keep out anyone other than a smash-n-grabber or some dumb kids.

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                        Are y'all mounting these to the floor/walls or no? I've never really had enough guns to think I needed one but I'm there now.
                        To the floor, yes. With lag bolts.

Comment

I'm happy with my 48 and it's bolted to the floor.

Comment

Remember, you get what you pay for. Do your research on the model you are looking at and compare that to other safes on the market. Bolting the safe to the foundation will help keep what you have much safer. Compare with these companies:

Check out www.hollonsafe.com (Corpus Christi) and www.amsecusa.com

If you find something you like there, pm me for pricing and availabilty.

Todd

Comment

TSC Cannon -redheaded to the foundation,since 2010- and no Issues

Comment

I posted about my Cannon this morning, I bought it at Tractor Supply

Comment

Working...
                                X