Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
    I just don't get it.
    Best wishes to you Troy! it's a different place now than it was 2 years ago amazing what a little water will do to the terrain.

Comment

well Troy, what did it look like out there today?

Comment

I'm actually in Fredericksburg for my anniversary this weekend. I'm trying to get back to hunt tomorrow afternoon. I have a tree picked out and I've got pics of deer crossing in front. We'll see what happens. Hopefully I get back in time tomorrow! You been scouting out there at all?

Comment

Well, I was able to get out to the Vine tonight. First sit in a few years felt good. I hunted a stand I've never hunted before. I have a camera up getting some does, bucks and hogs. I wanted to setup closer to the camera but no good trees. Closest I could get was about 80 yards. Had 2 doe come in about about 6:30 pm. They were at 20 yards and I needed them to turn left for a shot, they turned right... Had another 2 does come in about 7pm but they got no closer than about 60 yards. After legal shooting light, had 2 hogs walk under my tree. I could have jumped on them. Pretty cool sit tonight! I was surprised to only see one other hunter in the parking lot. And thanks to the 2 guys that passed my camera and left it alone; I appreciate it! I'll be back out there Sat PM.

The landscape has changed a lot since the flooding. The biggest difference being the height of the brush/weeds. In some spots, the weeds are literally 10+ ft tall.

Anybody else make it out this weekend?
          Last edited by troy_w_7; 10-22-2017, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Hey Troy -

Pretty sure those two guys were my buddies. I sent them off away from me in a different direction and they said they saw a cam out there (this was on 10/13).

It was my first time out there in about 2 years as well, and it's just crazy how tall the brush/weeds are. Nearly impossible to walk through them without killing yourself. I'm guessing the flood brought in a bunch of seeds that sprouted up.

Glad to hear your getting pics of deer out there!

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
              Hey folks. Dunno if any of y'all will be out there today but figured it might be worth a shot. I was out hiking Grapevine yesterday, and I lost my 12 yr old blue heeler Bronx.

If you happen to come across a blue heeler out there, please PM me! He does have his collar on.

he's the blue one in back of the photo.
              Glad you got him back, but sounds like between this and Whitney, maybe you should leave the dogs at home from now on....

Comment

2017 Lake Grapevine Hunting Thread

Originally posted by Hawkpuppy 1 View Post
                Glad you got him back, but sounds like between this and Whitney, maybe you should leave the dogs at home from now on....

Thanks for your totally helpful and thoughtful response after the fact. I’ve trained dogs for 25 years, and I’ll continue to take them out there when I want to. Just like anyone and everyone else has the right to out there. And for the record, they haven’t been out there during any permitted seasons when I weren’t using them as blood dogs.

But thanks for taking the time to lecture pal. “Glad you got him back, but...”

You aren’t actually glad I got him back, and it’s just you trying to interject it as a talking point. Normally I wouldn’t even post about things like losing a dog for these exact same reasons. Good ole TBH, being what it normally is in 2017!
                Last edited by Kirby86; 10-23-2017, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your totally helpful and thoughtful response after the fact. I’ve trained dogs for 25 years, and I’ll continue to take them out there when I want to. Just like anyone and everyone else has the right to out there. And for the record, they haven’t been out there during any permitted seasons when I weren’t using them as blood dogs.

But thanks for taking the time to lecture pal. “Glad you got him back, but...”

You aren’t actually glad I got him back, and it’s just you trying to interject it as a talking point, and normally I wouldn’t even post about things like losing a dog for these exact same reasons. Good ole TBH, being what it normally is in 2017!
                  Yup

Comment

No, just seems like you have a problem keeping up with you dogs. I am glad you got him back. I would hate to lose one of mine and don't wish that on anyone.

Comment

2017 Lake Grapevine Hunting Thread

Well considering it was 2 different dogs and I left the 12 year old one at home when I took the younger one to Whitney that I lost, I figured that it would have been fine and figured wrong.

This was the first time I lost em in hundreds of times of taking em out. Again, two different dogs. But again, thanks for pulling this thread off track from something several months ago to try to lecture me on dogs. Especially after losing one of em.

Do you do this same type of stuff to folks when they lose loved ones by coming back to rub it in and tell them what they should have done better? I sure hope not. But that seems to be why you brought up something from 3 months ago to pontificate on the subject.

Got lots of hog photos like that too. Gonna judge me for that while you’re at it?

Comment

Man whoever took that pic knew what they were doing!��

Comment

Nobody is posting the mega deer from the other thread that was poached off gv?

Comment

What do you expect to shoot??

Comment

There was no giant from GV. It was killed close to Ray Roberts. And we don’t know that it’s poached. Nobody does.

Comment

Well considering it was 2 different dogs and I left the 12 year old one at home when I took the younger one to Whitney that I lost, I figured that it would have been fine and figured wrong.

This was the first time I lost em in hundreds of times of taking em out. Again, two different dogs. But again, thanks for pulling this thread off track from something several months ago to try to lecture me on dogs. Especially after losing one of em.

Do you do this same type of stuff to folks when they lose loved ones by coming back to rub it in and tell them what they should have done better? I sure hope not. But that seems to be why you brought up something from 3 months ago to pontificate on the subject.

Got lots of hog photos like that too. Gonna judge me for that while you’re at it?
                                Was that this year Kirby? If so congrats. Nice turnaround from the troubles ya had a couple weeks ago

Comment

Working...
                                X