Ever been electrocuted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sendit View Post
    Simply put in the electrical field/trade getting electrocuted means "death by an electrical source".

Here is an electrocution. It is graphic, watch at your discretion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYCU7Vc97ws

Dear Lord, that was a horrible death.

Question 1- why didn't the other knuckleheads get something that is an insulator to try to push it away? Instead of driving away in a minivan?

Question 2- that did not seem like a dumb surveillance camera. Somebody zoomed in?

Question 3- why do some folks say the Klein non contact testers are junk, others like I use them and there's nothing I found on the web about them failing and leading to shocks/ electrocution?

Be safe- your family needs you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I did a quick tap of a hot wire on top of a residential chain link fence. It didn't keep me attached, but I may as well have. Felt like I got punched in the shoulder by Tyson.

Had a very grateful experience with 14,400 and an aerial ladder on a fire truck. The guy who was driving decided he could be cute and try to turn and lower the ladder at the same time over the line. It touched on the way down, but never hit him or any of the other guy's that were in the vicinity. It grounded just below the front suspension, blew out a tire, and has been giving us electrical issues ever since. That tire was loud, too. The grateful part was that no one was injured. He got canned.

Comment

Yes I have. Not by choice. It feels like toy hand buzzer to me.

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
          Simply put in the electrical field/trade getting electrocuted means "death by an electrical source".

Here is an electrocution. It is graphic, watch at your discretion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYCU7Vc97ws
          If anything like that ever grabs me whoever is there needs to just let it go. I'll be cremated when I go anyways so it'll save someone some money.lol

Comment

480 in one hand out the other hahaha. Talking about doing the chicken dance

Comment

A buddy of mine was telling me the first guy he ever worked for wouldn't use a meter to check if something was hot. He saw him check 480 by licking two fingers,grabbing a wire and doing the same thing before grounding himself out. He said he saw him do the same thing with 120 and had to check it twice because he wasn't sure after the first time. I've known guys that checked electric fences by grabbing them. Wouldn't bother them one bit.

How is that even humanly possible? I just don't understand why something that would lay someone out might just tingle to someone else. It really doesn't make sense to me.
              Last edited by okrattler; 09-16-2017, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                A buddy of mine was telling me the first guy he ever worked for wouldn't use a meter to check if something was hot. He saw him check 480 by licking two fingers,grabbing a wire and doing the same thing before grounding himself out. He said he saw him do the same thing with 120 and had to check it twice because he wasn't sure after the first time. I've known guys that checked electric fences by grabbing them. Wouldn't bother them one bit.

How is that even humanly possible? I just don't understand why something that would lay someone out might just tingle to someone else. It really doesn't make sense to me.
                Your buddy is gullible.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                  Your buddy is gullible.
                  Yep

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Only 110 for me, it's happened a few times though. Anything else just scares me. I did get popped by a Hotwire fence one time, but it was just a pulse. I do remember that it didn't feel good.

Comment

Shocked yes, electrocuted no. I was hanging phone cable on a part time job and came in contact with a primary line carrying 7200 volts. Knocked me unconscious for close to 5 minutes, 2nd degree burns to my right hand where it went in an I have four scars on my right thigh and hip that after 20 years of healing still looks like someone took an ice cream scoop and removed four large "scoops" of tissue. I also cracked two teeth from the force of my jaw muscles clamping down. I couldn't feel anything for the next twelve hours then things started hurting, every muscle in my body ached. The burns didn't hurt for about two days when the nerves finally started working again, then the next six weeks of scrubbing them really hurt!
                      It messed with me enough emotionally that the day after I came home from the hospital a light bulb burned out in a lamp, it took me a week or two to get my courage up to change it.

Comment

One of my jobs between semesters at school I worked as an electricians helper. My bosses boss came by one day to check on some work and bragged he could test a circuit with his fingers. I called bs and he showed me. He licked two fingers on one hand and touched them to the hot and neutral of 120v circuit that was live.

Comment

I grab the electric fence to test it. Does that count?

Comment

Been hit by 120 so many times I can count. 277 once but hit by Tig welder a couple x welding and it's a whole different kind of shock!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Comment

3 very good friends got hit with a 74,000 volt power line. 2 of them were on the front of a brush truck, putting out a grass fire... The third tried to save them.

All 3 died 3 times en route to Parkland, Thank you Careflite for saving them.

Randal lost both legs above the knee, and his eyesight.

Mark has 3rd degree burns on 90% of his body. He is currently the chief of Somerville County F. D. He just spent 3 weeks around Corpus and surrounding area helping with rescue.

All this happened when they were 18 years old, as Volunteer Firefighters.

I don't care if they were shocked, or electrocuted, they are Heroes in my book.

Comment

For the record, the highline broke, fell on a bull, and started a very large grass fire... It was so smokey, they never saw the wire until it hit the cage of the brush truck.

Comment

Working...
                                X