Ever been electrocuted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SKLOSS View Post
    Sure bud. Go ahead and rewrite the dictionary.

Definition of resuscitate

: to bring (someone who is unconscious, not breathing, or close to death) back to a conscious or active state again

Sorry, but you weren't electrocuted.

Not that it matters really but Webster would disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by mason bowhunter View Post
      Very touchy subject for me. I've actually been working along side someone working in a bucket truck and long story short he came into contact with a primary. I would not even try to describe on here what I witnessed and went through that day my buddy lost his life. He will always be missed by his friends and family.
      Terrible. My brother and I are both electricians. He used to do line work. One day he was working with his best friend and witnessed him get killed by 13.2 kv.

We used to do hot work all the time and never thought anything of it until that day. Like Mike D is saying, now it is a last resort.

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
        LEO? Outlaw? Or just a glutton for punishment?
        HAHA! LE

wonder if someone would catch that. Once for training the remaining times where getting tangled in the mix of a screaming banshee and the probe wires

Twice by the same fellow deputy. I can honesty say it did wonders for my back issues each time

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun shooter View Post
          It's pretty amazing to me how many people on here have been shocked!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          Yep, and not amazing or surprising at how many Webster's police there are. Guy's just curious about how many peeps have been tangled up in some bzzt-bzzt!(hope I didn't spell that wrong...)

Comment

Originally posted by Smokeater View Post
            Yep, and not amazing or surprising at how many Webster's police there are. Guy's just curious about how many peeps have been tangled up in some bzzt-bzzt!(hope I didn't spell that wrong...)

I agree! I started to say something about it but just let it go. Geez

I have a feeling not many other groups of people would have so many who have been shocked. It got to have something to do with risk takers.

Comment

In the 70's I was putting the metal cover back on an old school engine analyzer. The plug on the cover kept it from working when off. Slid it down and pressed to engage the plug. Got hit with 220. Woke up counting ceiling tiles about 10' away. Every joint in my body hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun shooter View Post
                I agree! I started to say something about it but just let it go. Geez

I have a feeling not many other groups of people would have so many who have been shocked. It got to have something to do with risk takers.

Yep, maybe so. When you have peeps that don't mind getting things done like we have here (and peeps we can get so much help from), accidents happen as well. Been hit quite a few times but only a couple while working with a known hot (110, 115, or 120..hope I'm right ) wire. I don't do that silly stuff anymore tho..I make tripledouble sure it's off now. BE SAFE YALL!

Comment

Originally posted by Smokeater View Post
                  Yep, maybe so. When you have peeps that don't mind getting things done like we have here (and peeps we can get so much help from), accidents happen as well. Been hit quite a few times but only a couple while working with a known hot (110, 115, or 120..hope I'm right ) wire. I don't do that silly stuff anymore tho..I make tripledouble sure it's off now. BE SAFE YALL!

One of my favorite movie lines ever from Mr Mom "220, 221, whatever it takes" haha, I loved that.

Comment

Was swapping out a bad ballast with a live circuit. Thought I was being careful, but when I climbed down to get the new ballast, the live wire brushed my cheek -- that was an eye-opener--wide open. Now I put wire nuts on each and every wire.

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
                      Not that it matters really but Webster would disagree.
                      A guy that used to work out where I work would disagree too. He's missing an arm from being "shocked".....I bet it felt a lot like being electrocuted when it happened.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
                        No but I drowned once
                        Well done. Fishing for another Webster shark?!

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                          A guy that used to work out where I work would disagree too. He's missing an arm from being "shocked".....I bet it felt a lot like being electrocuted when it happened.
                          Not sure I follow I was agreeing with the OP and posted the definition for everyone that was trying to correct him. Therefore I agree with you as well. Again it doesn't really matter I knew what he was asking.

Dad talked me into peeing on a hot fence once and that hurt like hell. He also convinced me to pull the wire off a spark plug to kill a mower that hurt pretty **** bad maybe even worse. 220 from a dryer will make you sore for a few days.

Comment

Originally posted by bill in san jose View Post
                            those are frightening stories. I don't go near electricity without the klein tester to be 100% sure there's no power. Insurance less than $20.

sent from my iphone using tapatalk
                            this

Comment

Fluke makes a real good meter for around $100, the T5-600. It should do just about everything you need to do at your house. Test every thing you are going to put your hands on. No reason to work on anything live at your house. If you can't identify and isolate the circuit you're working on, kill the main, verify zero voltage and rock on.

Comment

Originally posted by hunt247 View Post
                                not this
                                fify

Comment

Working...
                                X