Hill Country Buck Down - Fredericksburg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hill Country Buck Down - Fredericksburg

Sorry for the (extremely) late post (couldn't figure out how to resize the pics) and long read.

Sunday afternoon of opening weekend. Get into the blind around 3:30pm, its hot (around 80 degrees) and wind is blowing 15-20 mph. I have been in the blind for about 30 min and I am texting my buddy telling him we are not going to see anything due to the heat and wind. I look up and I see this buck walking across an opening about 80 yards out of the front of the blind. I drop my phone and the buck stops (I assume due to the thud my phone made hitting the floor). I slowly (actually really fast) get my rifle out the window and draw down on him. No shot, he is right behind the feeder. We stare at each other for what I think is 15 min, in all actuality is about 10-15 seconds. He starts walking again (no interest in the corn) and I let out a big grunt, he stops. I put the cross hairs on his shoulder and BOOM. As I like to say, DRT (dead right there). The 30-06 stopped him in his tracks!!!

I have been hunting in Fredericksburg with my grandpa since I was 8 years old (33 now) and this is by far the biggest buck I have taken (18 inch spread). Unfortunately my grandpa had to quit hunting several year ago due to his health and he wasn't there when I harvested this buck, however he was the first person I called.

Since he was killed 2 months ago, I already cleaned up the skull and he made a beautiful euro mount and is on my living room wall!! It has been a great season for us. Since this kill, I have harvested a cull buck and a doe. Headed back out to the lease tomorrow for the special doe/spike late season and hopeful I can take one more doe to top off the freezer!!
    Attached Files

Beautiful deer man. Congrats!

Comment

Very Nice Congratulations.

Comment

Congratulations on getting a nice buck!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats