Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is why we can’t have nice things at our lease!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    Same....I have absolutely no desire to kill a bear. Does nothing for me. So I'd rather my woods be bear and destruction free.
    To be clear... I do not ever see myself taking a bear (absolutely no desire), so I do not have a dog in that fight, but others might be excited about the possibilities.

Comment

Conservation doesn't just mean "Make nature safe for ungulates and my toys".

I can't wait for bears to recover enough in TX for a hunting season to open back up!

For those crying about it...well...unbunch your panties and suck it up. Life ain't fair snowflake!

Comment

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
        I've never understood why people get so po'd at coons just because they don't comprehend the concept of the corn is for deer, being afraid because a mountain lion or bear might "get you", or deer being a desired target. They're all a PIA, deer coming in and eating my yard and garden down to nubs, skunks dig under the house and import a flea infestation, feral cats- won't even go there. All these critters are here it's up to us to learn their particular habits and use them to our advantage! I'd love to be able to hunt a bear in my home state, don't think it'll happen in my lifetime though, I also think the govt. should leave me alone so I could thin out these stinking rose bush, green peach eating deer around here, and the cats- - still ain't gonna go there.
        This guy gets it (or some of it at least). If you live in fear of a black bear attack it might be time to pick-up something like golf or softball and stay out of the woods. Some of you guys followed my AT hike, I ran across bears in every state except Maine. And typically only saw their behinds. Sure they can be destructive, but the reality is the fear factor is just that.

Comment

muh bawls look at dem

Comment

He thinks that feeder is a giant watermelon!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by B G View Post
              It is a bit easy to overlook some of the destruction when you have deer like this showing up on camera too.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=My1dl_HsRCg
              what's with the "ghost imagine" at the 0:08 mark?

Comment

Originally posted by B G View Post
                It is a bit easy to overlook some of the destruction when you have deer like this showing up on camera too.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=My1dl_HsRCg
                That is a great buck.
                He still alive?

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Horse View Post
                  what's with the "ghost imagine" at the 0:08 mark?
                  He “crop dusted” the camera.

Beautiful buck. Anybody kill him?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0265.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	24546248

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0266.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	24546249

Don't think our Ghost made it, we didn't get him on camera last year but this guy showed up to replace him. We had pics of him through the end of season and are hoping he is one of the bucks showing up with good growth this summer.

Comment

Count me in the zero desire to see/hunt/kill bears crowd. I don’t want them in TX, period.

Comment

Hope I can make it down that way this year to try and get one. Friend of mine that lives by Clayton has killed several. He's always asked me to come down. But never could fit it in. This year I told him I could do it. Hopefully he can get some bears working.

Comment

Originally posted by triple_duece View Post
                          You need feeders like this. Caution cause the feeders are why they hang around.

Last year was the first time I wasn’t covered up in bears. Only seen 4, two different bears. Years prior it was nothing to see 4-10 A HUNT! Much more deer sittings last year. All I plant now is clover, worked like a charm.

When you mount the boat winch to the pole I suggest at 10’ high. If they can reach it they will break it.
                          Hanging stands like this will work or I ran heavy chain from tree to tree and ran a cable to the middle of the chain using a boat wench to hoist the feeder. That worked too. Anything plastic they are going to chew up. They love to chew on plastic. Get rid of those type things in your setup and you will have less problems. They are an overgrown coon on steroids when it comes to destroying things.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

My feeder!!! My feeder!!!

Comment

What if you don't put corn in feeders till hibernation periods?

Comment

Working...
                                X