Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

frustrated with sub standard vacuum sealers... ideas ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

frustrated with sub standard vacuum sealers... ideas ?

I am at a loss...again concerning vacuum sealers. I have a Cabelas 15 inch commercial grade that I am unhappy with. Took the original back and exchanged it with another. It has not performed well at all. It has issues sealing and sometimes does not vacuum before it seals...

So... I am looking at alternatives. Blue Sky makes their commercial grade and not happy.

my old food saver actually worked well...till it died.

are the vacmasters that much better to spend an extra 350.00 ? On top of the 300 the commercial grade cost.

I have looked thru older post and was wondering if there are any new wiz bang vacuum sealers out there.

thanx,

Weston

Comment

In for replies, same frustration. Food saver is good but can't handle the volume

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I cant justify a chamber type. My foodsaver keeps everything I package good til I eat it.

Comment

I come over and try it out when it arrives. Used one in the store and it awesome
          Attached Files

Comment

Yes it is worth it IMO. I have the vacmaster VP215 and love it. Money very well spent but I use it a lot. I process all my own deer usually between 4 and 8 per year, plus fish and leftover chili and stew a lot.

Comment

I love my cabelas commercial model, but ive stopped vac sealing deer. Much easier/quicker/better to use Saran Wrap and butcher paper. If I ever decided to pony up for a chamber vac, id probably use it for everything.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                I come over and try it out when it arrives. Used one in the store and it awesome
                Gemini cricket boy... I am a lowly state worker. You gots me confused with someone who makes good money

It does sound it would work great... but daaang. can't swing that.

Comment

I have a vacmaster vp 112 and couldn't be happier.
                  I go through about 300 bags a year packaging different things and have about 5% that don't hold vacuum all year. Well worth it to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a Vacmaster VP215. It's great. Bags are also much cheaper. I wish I would have bought one sooner. Like the saying goes, buy once, cry once.

Comment

I've used the Cabela's CG15 for the last 9 years and have been also buying the maintenance kits from vacmesh.com and I have been looking at chamber sealers as well since the cost of bags are double than the chamber sealers. With the CG15 I always look at bags and manually seal after it looks like the air is out because if you let it go then you can only vacuum out 5 bags or so at a time. I usually do 2 at a time with the 6 inch bags. The sealer tape has to be replaced often or make sure it's centered on every seal.

Comment

Vacmaster Pro 380 here, and could not be happier!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

sounds like the vacmasters are pretty good. question is...to go chamber or not???

Comment

I'll buy the bags you get the machine. Im helping out

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                              I'll buy the bags you get the machine. Im helping out
                              oh lord...ya killin me...

actually, I am looking at the Vp215 model...

Comment

Working...
                              X