No announcement yet.

Official Lake Whitney And Aquilla 2017-2018 Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will be out Monday thru Wednesday....hopefully!

Comment

I’ll be there in the morning

Comment

Was out there this evening...seen the same group of "12" deer that I see in a field adjacent to COE land but I found out today they jumping from our side, so I'm narrowing it down...lol

Comment

Originally posted by Arborist37 View Post
          Was out there this evening...seen the same group of "12" deer that I see in a field adjacent to COE land but I found out today they jumping from our side, so I'm narrowing it down...lol

Getting closer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Shot another deer this morning. In for the evening hunt. Thought we would be working today. Since we didn’t I got in the woods. Good luck to everyone out there this evening.

Comment

Missed some time this week getting shots in my back to help push me through the rest of the season. Saw hogs and deer yesterday in the spot where I will be making my last stand for a public land buck this season. Unfortunately, they were just not in the right places/ranges for a shot. Hope everyone is bundled up, gonna be a pretty day. Y’all be safe.

Comment

One week to go Fellers and Lassies.

Comment

Sure is a pretty day up here. Ice on my stand, arrows, bow, etc. Hopeful the freezing drizzle will stay away for the rest of the day. Breezy at 32’.

Comment

Originally posted by Ispdnxs View Post
                    Sure is a pretty day up here. Ice on my stand, arrows, bow, etc. Hopeful the freezing drizzle will stay away for the rest of the day. Breezy at 32’.
                    Be careful out there. Hypothermia can get you before you know it. If you start get-n sleepy, get down and go home. And be careful crawling down. Everything is gonna freeze today. Down there too. If you take a fall and get hurt, you might freeze before help ever gets to you.

Comment

Made it until about 2 in the cold. It got to the point where I couldn’t feel my toes and knew it would only get worse from there. Need to find a way to keep my feet from freezing. Had to crack the ice of my laces to get my boots off when I made it back to the truck. Doesn’t help having to make water crossings. Gonna try again tomorrow when the hangover subsides.

I wish you all a safe and Happy New Year!

Comment

Originally posted by Ispdnxs View Post
                        Made it until about 2 in the cold. It got to the point where I couldn’t feel my toes and knew it would only get worse from there. Need to find a way to keep my feet from freezing. Had to crack the ice of my laces to get my boots off when I made it back to the truck. Doesn’t help having to make water crossings. Gonna try again tomorrow when the hangover subsides.

I wish you all a safe and Happy New Year!

Glad ya got down before something bad happened!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You guys are tougher now than I am (maybe), I don't hate them that much any more. Rearranged my tackle boxes today, ran my new fish finder on the demo mode, had some beer, stayed warm.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                            You guys are tougher now than I am (maybe), I don't hate them that much any more. Rearranged my tackle boxes today, ran my new fish finder on the demo mode, had some beer, stayed warm.
                            Right there with ya. I ain't no young pup any more either. This ol dog just stay on the porch with the "porch puppies" now.

Edit: I did go out yesterday afternoon and evening. Saw nada.

Comment

Kind of nippy out there today, I saw nothing but birds and the pigs came in last Night! I'm gonna keep the corn up till March and then I'll catch up with them.

Comment

Speaking of corn, any suggestions on a source to help my budget? Just been grabbing mine at tractor supply when I head to town.

Comment

Working...
                                X