No announcement yet.

Laguna Atascosa 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I forgot to mention for those of you unfamiliar with this part of Texas. Laguna Vista is only about 17 minutes from LANWR, a nice place, and the closest you will find any amenities that you need, fuel, tacos, beer, HEB, Walmart, restaurants and washateria are all just a few minutes away.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post

Also, I'm about to go slay a biggin (12pt) I watched at 20 yards for an hour this morning, just shooting with the camera..... NOW I'm ready to put my hands on him! I'll post where appropriate!
      Pm sent

Comment

Originally posted by RGV Hunter View Post
        Does this orientation only apply to the Atascosa? What about El Teniente?

I drew 1/11-14 at Teniente and there was no mention of an orientation in the info they sent me.

Comment

Originally posted by nickstone View Post
          I drew 1/11-14 at Teniente and there was no mention of an orientation in the info they sent me.
          I called and it just applies to the Atascosa.

Comment

Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post
            Pm sent
            I should have been more clear, I'm not at LANWR. I'm no where near there. I'm hunting on the Brazos river.

Comment

"Also, I'm about to go slay a biggin (12pt) I watched at 20 yards for an hour this morning, just shooting with the camera..... NOW I'm ready to put my hands on him! I'll post where appropriate!"

Got him!

Comment

"Also, I'm about to go slay a biggin (12pt) I watched at 20 yards for an hour this morning, just shooting with the camera..... NOW I'm ready to put my hands on him! I'll post where appropriate!"

Got him!

Awesome! Congrats!

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

Comment

Got him!

Pics or it didn't happen

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jakefromtx View Post
                    I stayed at the Casa Rosa Motel last year in Port Isabel. It was a great place and an easy drive to the refuge. The only complaint I had about the place is that the wifi rarely worked, other than that it was great. The beds are comfortable, the a/c worked, the rooms are big and clean, the ice machine worked, the parking lot is big and lighted, and there is a Walmart and Whataburger right down the street. Another plus is that it is pretty cheap. I am planning on staying there during my hunt this year 11/17/17 through 11/21/17.
                    Looks like we're staying there at the same time.

Comment

Got him!

Well? What u get?

Comment

Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post
                        Well? What u get?
                        160 class 12pt, it deserves its own thread in the appropriate forum. I'll try to sit down this evening and compose it with photos and possibly the self filmed videos. I'm assuming 'Around The Campfire' is the best forum?

Comment

160 class 12pt, it deserves its own thread in the appropriate forum. I'll try to sit down this evening and compose it with photos and possibly the self filmed videos. I'm assuming 'Around The Campfire' is the best forum?

Congrats. Yes in the campfire.

Comment

Public Service Announcement: I took a drive out to the refuge a little while ago. The only access to the refuge is from FM106. Buena Vista Road is still under construction and from the looks of it, will not be ready for a few months. Those staying in Port Isabel and Laguna Vista can get there by heading to Bayview on FM510, taking a right on Ted Hunt Rd., and then taking a right on FM106.

P.S. I saw some nilgai off 510, not near the refuge though.

Comment

Originally posted by Txfire409 View Post
                              Looks like we're staying there at the same time.
                              I'll be there as well. I stayed at Casa Rosa last year and was very pleased.

Comment

Looking forward to your report!

Comment

Working...
                                X