Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trump Kowtows to Animal Rights Activists

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
    Go and read my post on CLARITY right above yours and look at the time stamps between mine and yours.

And if you want to be technical there are ways the USA govt can ban you from doing things in certain countries they don't want you doing.

You can't even buy a toothbrush in Cuba without permission from the usa govt.

Try it and see.

I can re read it a dozen times. I commented on this
    You responded with a condescending post, which I replied to. This one.
    And I'm right. Trump can't ban elephant hunting. You want to discuss ways he can try? Ways to make it difficult to bring them into the US? Sure. But you can twist it all you want, and post more questions about my Google skills. Trump can't ban elephant hunting. It's a revenue generating conservation method in dozens of counties. And they don't have a problem with it. As long as rich people in 100s of other countries want to go and hunt them, they will be if numbers remain stable. They are, and in some areas are being culled by government shooters. More can be made by allowing sport hunting.
    As for not being able to buy a toothbrush in Cuba, I'd ask you for proof of that too, because that's a rediculous thing to say,but it's not related at all to this topic.
    Last edited by Lostacresranch; 11-20-2017, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lostacresranch View Post
      As for not being able to buy a toothbrush in Cuba, I'd ask you for proof of that too, because that's a rediculous thing to say,but it's not related at all to this topic.
      It's only kinda related in that it shows how messed up our govt can be and the mechanisms they'll use to control us.

It is called the Trading With The Enemy Act

It prevents US citizens from spending one single red cent with any country that is placed on the list.
      Two off the top of my head that are on the list are
      North Korea
      Cuba

Plenty of Canadians go to Cuba on vacations just fine
      But U.S. citizens need prior approval from our Dept of Treasury before purchasing the ticket.

Let's get back to hunting.

I have no desire to hunt an elephant.
      To be honest I've never killed anything just for the trophy.
      Always wanted the meat from blue gill to bass to deer.
      I do want a bear rug but I also loved the smoked bear meat my neighbor used to make so there's that

Trump can't ban hunting abroad but who would want to spend $100k on hunting an animal but can't bring the trophy home???

Comment

It's only kinda related in that it shows how messed up our govt can be and the mechanisms they'll use to control us.

It is called the Trading With The Enemy Act

It prevents US citizens from spending one single red cent with any country that is placed on the list.

Two off the top of my head that are on the list are

North Korea

Cuba

Plenty of Canadians go to Cuba on vacations just fine

But U.S. citizens need prior approval from our Dept of Treasury before purchasing the ticket.

Let's get back to hunting.

I have no desire to hunt an elephant.

To be honest I've never killed anything just for the trophy.

Always wanted the meat from blue gill to bass to deer.

I do want a bear rug but I also loved the smoked bear meat my neighbor used to make so there's that

Trump can't ban hunting abroad but who would want to spend $100k on hunting an animal but can't bring the trophy home???

Thank you for that link. Cuba and North Korea...great examples of hunting destinations, but if that's your proof, so be it. But it says with prior approval, I CAN buy that toothbrush in Cuba, doesn't it? And unless trump and CONGRESS places a few dozen African and Asian countries on that "enemies" list, that won't apply anyway.
        I'll never elephant hunt. That's not the point. The point is, to keep elephants thriving, they have to have value. Hunting them gives that value. And I too doubt anyone in this country would spend that kind of money and not bring it home. That's why the USFWS listened to these countries and conservation groups to lift this ban.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
          Yes sir........it appears that way. Probably based upon the analogy below akin to horses & dogs. I will say that most American citizens don't even understand bag limits and habitat carrying capacity for deer/geese or even squirrels. We as Americans are sooooo far removed from hunting/fishing that it is NOW an issue in turning that negative tide.

Per your first sentence? Do you have another idea that can be implemented or even added to the current list of tactics? Education is all we have from what I can tell. It starts with our own kids/grandkids. Some on TBH have even said there own kids are against or don't understand hunting. WE all are in trouble if we cant even educate our own offspring/family. Definitely open to any "winning strategy" you or anyone else may have?

WE gotta win this thing in the trenches. With the Trump son's being advid hunters I doubt the administration is caving but the skirmish will get ugly. Here is something we all can help with........if this is truly something other hunters believe in!!! Hopefully the link inside this text below is HOT as it goes straight to our President and Mr. Zinke.

Member Alert
          CALL TO ARMS!* SUPPORT*SECRETARY ZINKE & THE FWS DECISION TO IMPORT ELEPHANT TROPHIES FROM ZAMBIA & ZIMBABWE

Use SCI's Action Center to contact President Trump and Secretary of the Interior Zinke now and tell them how much you appreciate the efforts of the Fish & Wildlife Service to remove barriers to sustainable use conservation for African wildlife.*
          This week the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service (FWS) announced that elephants legally hunted in Zimbabwe and Zambia between 2016 and 2018 now can be imported into the United States.* The Service made the announcement at the African Wildlife Consultative Forum, an event co-hosted by the Safari Club International Foundation and the host nation of Tanzania.*
          The news from Africa could not have been better for hunters or for anyone who loves or defends hunting culture.* Hunters around the world play an integral role in wildlife conservation and when their rights are restricted, or import bans put in place, wildlife and local African communities all suffer.
          This week's FWS announcement is consistent with what conservation scientists and wildlife experts have known for decades—that hunting is beneficial to wildlife and that African range countries know how to manage their elephant populations.
          Within hours of the announcement, hysterical anti-hunters and news media outlets went into overdrive, attacking everyone in sight, including the Trump Administration, SCI and even the National Rifle Association of America.* And their efforts seem to have paid off as their shrill, negative reactions has caused President Trump to delay the decision until meeting with Secretary Zinke.
          Here's where you can help.* Call or write now and tell President Trump and Secretary Zinke how much you appreciate the efforts of the Fish & Wildlife Service to remove barriers to sustainable use conservation for African wildlife.* Be respectful and tell them you're a proud hunter, that you're not backing down, and that the facts of conservation science are on your side.
          Tell them you strongly support the Fish & Wildlife Service's decision to allow the*importation of*elephant trophies from Zambia & Zimbabwe!
          Safari Club International - First For Hunters is the leader in protecting the freedom to hunt and in promoting wildlife conservation worldwide. SCI's approximately 200 Chapters represent all 50 of the United States as well as 106 other countries. SCI's proactive leadership in a host of cooperative wildlife conservation, outdoor education and humanitarian programs, with the SCI Foundation and other conservation groups, research institutions and government agencies, empowers sportsmen to be contributing community members and participants in sound wildlife management and conservation. Visit the home page www.SafariClub.org, or call (520) 620-1220 for more information.
          International Headquarters Tucson, Arizona · Washington, District of Columbia · Ottawa, Canada
          www.SafariClub.org
          Mugabe resigns while in detention along with his wife

Comment

Originally posted by stykshooter View Post
            Mugabe resigns while in detention along with his wife
            I read that! "Let's see......Do you want to see 98 years old mr. Mugabe......YES.......then resign!!!" He should have been gone 30 years ago. I can only pray it does not turn worse for the people living there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank you for that link. Cuba and North Korea...great examples of hunting destinations, but if that's your proof, so be it. But it says with prior approval, I CAN buy that toothbrush in Cuba, doesn't it? And unless trump and CONGRESS places a few dozen African and Asian countries on that "enemies" list, that won't apply anyway.
              I'll never elephant hunt. That's not the point. The point is, to keep elephants thriving, they have to have value. Hunting them gives that value. And I too doubt anyone in this country would spend that kind of money and not bring it home. That's why the USFWS listened to these countries and conservation groups to lift this ban.
              Ok.
              U Win.

Comment

Ok.
                U Win.
                You forgot the "I was wrong" part.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                  lol

Comment

You forgot to turn on your sarcasm meter before you read my post.

Comment

The US govt bans abortions in African nations.
                      How can and does it do that?
                      By restricting foreign aid if the African country doesn't do what the US govt wants (by outlawing abortions).

Trump started this ban up again this year.

Where there's a will...

Comment

That won't happen. And I don't expect it to happen. I haven't noticed that a lot when posters are proven to be wrong... What I HAVE noticed, is that intelligent people, with obvious google skills, will post something they already know is not completely true, but omit all the info to try and prove THIER point. And on almost every occasion, they get away with it, because no one will point out that intentional omission.

Comment

That won't happen. And I don't expect it to happen. I haven't noticed that a lot when posters are proven to be wrong... What I HAVE noticed, is that intelligent people, with obvious google skills, will post something they already know is not completely true, but omit all the info to try and prove THIER point. And on almost every occasion, they get away with it, because no one will point out that intentional omission.
                          What are we debating here?
                          The us govt never banned hunting in Africa.
                          It banned bringing home the trophy.
                          That's why the hunting community has been in an uproar.
                          Let's stay on topic.

End of the day Trump is keeping an Obama order in tact and that is to ban the importation of foreign big game trophys.

Why the argument?

You still can't bring that lion or elephant you shot in Zim home.

Somewhere we got lost on semantics.

Comment

What are we debating here?

The us govt never banned hunting in Africa.

It banned bringing home the trophy.

That's why the hunting community has been in an uproar.

Let's stay on topic.

End of the day Trump is keeping an Obama order in tact and that is to ban the importation of foreign big game trophys.

Why the argument?

You still can't bring that lion or elephant you shot in Zim home.

Somewhere we got lost on semantics.

The topic was the ban on elephant parts being discussed. You posted that trump was going to ban elephant hunting. Then you posted that I couldn't go to Cuba and buy a toothbrush. As I just posted, many intelligent people post things to support their position while leaving out the entire truth. If you are intelligent, you know trump can't ban elephant hunting. You also know that if I go to Cuba, I can buy a toothbrush. But you say I can't to support your posting. So either you are deliberately misleading by omission of facts, or you are not as intelligent as I suspected.
                            Now you are lecturing to stay on topic. That's correct. We should. And just to be clear, I wasn't the one that posted misleading untruths, and got them pointed out.

Comment

Wow........not sure what I missed, but don't have the brain cells to geaux back and figure it out! [emoji1]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hank Hill View Post
                                How can he write policy that "bans" hunting in another sovereign nation?
                                probably just banning it in E. Texas.

Comment

Working...
                                X