X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kurt68,
    Where did you get the ChiggereX?

Comment

I got an ant bite while I was mowing my grandfathers lawn. You know what he gave me for it? Get ready for this you wont believe it...

It worked like a champ. The itching went away immediately and there was no swelling, and I'm allergic to bites and stings also. I used it right after the bite, so maybe that's why it worked so well, but it's worth a try!

Comment

go to the doctor and get yourself tested. Thats the only true way to know if you need to carry an Epi Pen.....

I had never needed one in the past but got stung and in a matter of about an hour the skin on my arm was stretched so tight it was about to split. Been toteing one around since that day.

If you are still up and alive, chances are a topical ointment or Benadryl will work but get checked anyway.

With me, I can get stung on the bottom of the foot and before I got to a medical facility my airway could be cut off completely.

Comment

Originally posted by MKD12 View Post
          I got an ant bite while I was mowing my grandfathers lawn. You know what he gave me for it? Get ready for this you wont believe it...

It worked like a champ. The itching went away immediately and there was no swelling, and I'm allergic to bites and stings also. I used it right after the bite, so maybe that's why it worked so well, but it's worth a try!
          Works for more things than people know.

Comment

Slayer, we get it at Wal-mart. I think you can get it almost anywhere though. It works great on my daughters, we don't leave home without it.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

My son is the same way and he can't go to the woods without Benedryl liquid
                and Cortaid. Had to use the same on Bird dog last year after Honey Bee sting.

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter View Post
                  just curious, but wouldnt an epi pen only be good if you are highly allergic and are at risk of anaphilactic shock?
                  skeeter,

an epi pen will work whether you are highly allergic or not. The issue is that if you are highly allergic, you could have your airway swell and block breathing due to a reaction to a bit/sting. If you don't have severe reactions, the an epi pen is not needed. You never know when a bee or ant is going to be so unkind as to bite/sting in your upper torso or facial area. Severe swelling there can be life threatening if not treated quickly.

Comment

As everyone else has already stated, and Epi pen. When you first get bit initially you can make a paste out of baking soda and put it on the site. The baking soda will draw out the "poison" so to speak.

Comment

A guy at work does the same thing. He had an ant bite on his knee that had been there for 2 months. He kept having to go to the doctor to get it lanced to get all the infection out. Finally they put him on atibiotics and that cleared it up. Meanwhile he just took benadryl.

Comment

I have a food allergy so we have two epi-pens here at the house. Allergic reactions tend to increase everytime they are triggered.

Comment

Thanks everyone, I have a cankle on my left leg and a regular ankle on the right!

Comment

Who try to use this mixture?

Anyone try to use mixture of baked soda and water to treat bites?

Comment

John you just may win the TBH award......for bumping the longest thread ever! lol

Comment

SOrry to hear ..never heard of Fire ants that sever...I have a pasture across fence and Fire ants are a real issue..I fight them in yard all the warmer months..If I had to use a epipen every time I got bit I WOULD BE BROKE . Quick and probably average a bite a day..sure some day I don't go in yard..but then I end up next day with a pants leg full..But to me the sting is a little more than a Mosquito..and bump if any on either is like a small pimple.

Comment

Working...
                                X