Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you have done if this was your wife?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daniel32 View Post
    I actually know the man who threw it back so it was kind of funny to see it happen

Needless to say I think the media and fans are making a bigger deal out of this than they are

^^^^ unbiased opinion [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
      (full story -- they were related in-laws, She knew of the tradition and was fine with it. both men in the situation laughed about it...then and after....)

As an expert of 2 know and one unknown fighting style, if they are all ok with it then I wouldn’t have done anything. PS, I have three tires and a knife for sale in the classifieds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
        This is the internet. Everyone would have easily whipped his butt. Trust them.

Comment

Customary or not it, it should have been her decision. My wife is pretty independent, I wouldn't have had to do anything. She would have flipped out on the guy all on her own lol.

Comment

If a stranger, I might have been upset at first, but would quickly realize he did the right thing!
            If a brother in law as reported, high fives for all !!

Comment

Instant black sheep of the family status. Just for that, he has to sit at the card table for Thanksgiving. Boo hiss!

Comment

He took it from his sister in law. She's upset because she wanted to throw it back. They're all laughing about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                  Are we really suggesting violence because of a baseball?

I would have been mad for sure. I would want some sort of restitution, but violence because someone took a ball away? Is this the 3rd grade play ground?

It's not just a ball at just any game. That ball had significant value. Violence justified for committing a felony against you? Of course.

If the theft offense involves property valued at more than $500, the crime is punishable as a felony, or as a misdemeanor, at the judge's discretion.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
                    Nope, I'd be leaving the game in cuffs. It's a once in a lifetime chance to catch a ws homerun ball, and if you decide to throw it back its a once in a lifetime honor to be the one that throws it back. Since she was on camera that ball could be sold for 5k easily. I guarantee you him and everyone who would have defended him would leave on multiple stretchers. Then I would sue the ballpark for inefficient security and sue the guy for assault on my wife. BIL status goes out the window and MMA training kicks in to high gear at that point.

Comment

This explains it in their own words.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ca/mlb/n...r1qefgobte2ad9

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                        It is customary to throw the other teams homerun back.

I laughed when I saw it because I was thinking as soon as the she caught it to throw it back.
                        I loved it. Opposing team's hr balls go back onto the field. Me personally, i'd prefer a stranger rip it from my wife's hands than me. One less argument on the way home lol.

Side note: I was disappointed with the first base line fans letting Bellinger catch that pop out. Once a player goes into the stands its fair game to play some defense and keep him from catching it.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakelover View Post
                          Instant black sheep of the family status. Just for that, he has to sit at the card table for Thanksgiving. Boo hiss!
                          Winner!

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
                            Nope, I'd be leaving the game in cuffs. It's a once in a lifetime chance to catch a ws homerun ball, and if you decide to throw it back its a once in a lifetime honor to be the one that throws it back. Since she was on camera that ball could be sold for 5k easily. I guarantee you him and everyone who would have defended him would leave on multiple stretchers. Then I would sue the ballpark for inefficient security and sue the guy for assault on my wife. BIL status goes out the window and MMA training kicks in to high gear at that point.
                            Bahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by mallardman02 View Post
                              This explains it in their own words.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ca/mlb/n...r1qefgobte2ad9
                              Good luck no one will read it. They are ready to kick arse!

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                                Admittedly, this is the more baseball than I've watched in my life (combined), so I'm baseball ignorant. Is it customary to throw the ball back?

It didn't used to be. Cubs fans started that mess and they didn't win a series for a hundred years or so.

A homerun ball is a gift from the baseball gods. Throwing it back risks angering them.

Accept the gift, don't anger the baseball gods and hope they show your team good fortune in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X