Clear All

Texas Recurve Championship

Mark your calendars!

Click image for larger version

Name:	TXrecurve2017-JPEG.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	25109423

This will be my first time to miss it. I'll be hog hunting!

Comment

I'm planning on being there Sat!

Bisch

Comment

If he isn't here by then, I'll be on standby at the hospital waiting for our little one to arrive that weekend....
        Yall have fun!

Comment

I am going to try to make it on Sunday

Comment

I've always wondered why clubs have their championships so early in the year. Or maybe the shooting season starts in the fall and I'm not aware but even when I shot pistol and rifle competitions it seemed April through June was the end of the season for club shoots, state matches and even nationals some years. September through January I'm so wrapped up in hunting I don't know what goes on. July and August are pretty hot here so I can understand them being out. But if you had to make at least two of the shoots to shoot the championship then you had better know when they are and not miss one if you only have til April to make it happen.

Comment

I don't think this is for the club championship. I think it's the Texas State Championship. Cowtown has hosted it for many years.

Comment

Is a bear magnesium takedown riser legal in the Open and wood classes? you shoot off the shelf, but it does have a factory adjustable sideplate. It is only 40 or so years old, so I am not sure if it is trad enough:-)

Comment

I hope to be ready for this one, maybe my bow won't break the day before.

Comment

Got it on my go to list!

Comment

I may go not sure yet , it is a bit of drive me.

Comment

So, anyone know if my bear will be legal, I would like to shoot it but can bring something else if I need to

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
                          So, anyone know if my bear will be legal, I would like to shoot it but can bring something else if I need to
                          Try sending some pics to one of the club officers see if it is approved.

Comment

OK, I will do that, thanks

Comment

If it's recurve it should fit into one of the classes.

Comment

Working...
                              X