No announcement yet.

Camp Bullis 2018 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most everything I was closed already, ended up down in 10, looking forward to it

Comment

Picked a circle I hunted back in 1994.
      I did pretty well back then and saw a couple of nice bucks I was unable to get a shot at.
      They've got some age on them by now!

Comment

Originally posted by Hunteraudit View Post
        Most everything I was closed already, ended up down in 10, looking forward to it
        Hunt hard, not many deer come out of 10 but they are there. One of the biggest deer I ever saw on Bullis was in 10.

Comment

I did not get drawn second year in a row. My friend did though, he is in area 10 something. They are doing another drawing on Monday but only a handfull of spots remaining.

Comment

As with anywhere you hunt the rut is going to be your best bet, but especially on Bullis.
            When the weather cools down the training goes up and it's always going to coincide with the deer season and training of course has priority and hunting gets put on the back burner.
            And so with the increased training, the deer become more nocturnal than say a hunter would experience on a private ranch.
            Don't kid yourself, hunting whitetail deer is not easy on Bullis, and you will see some huge bucks on game cameras, and they are there, but those are some of the smartest deer in the hill country.
            I hunted there for 16 consecutive seasons, and last year was my first time back in 12 years, and I could have had a decent buck on my first sit, and because of the doe first rule I had to let him pass, and eventually took a doe, but I had only seen 5 deer the entire season from Oct. until Jan.
            I guess what I'm saying is it can be tough so don't get discouraged, and like mentioned above hunt hard.

Comment

Best of luck out there this year y’all.

Comment

Anyone know how many circles went unclaimed?

Anyone get drawn on the second round?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

From what I read on the site that there were like 12 circles claimed but not locked in.
                  Last edited by Jimbo47; 09-17-2018, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Good luck in the 2nd draw

Comment

Anybody get an email yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra768 View Post
                        Anybody get an email yet?
                        Negative

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Camp Bullis

New to the area and didn’t get drawn. Anthing out there besides whitetail that is worth hunting in the general areas if I wanted to walk and stalk? Saw in the rules and regulations that there’s possibly aoudad and axis?

Comment

Training area 1B and 2A are outside of the whitetail hunting areas. The terrain is rough especially along the Cibolo creek with deep creek beds and bluffs where the sheep and goats like to hang out as well as some Axis and especially the hogs.
                            It's been years since I hunted there in that area, but I did see a mountain lion there in broad daylight jump out in front of my Jeep and run ahead of me for several yards before jumping into the brush. I would suggest a 4x4 for that area.
                            Mountain lion is off the huntable list btw.
                            Last edited by Jimbo47; 09-18-2018, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cxm057 View Post
                              New to the area and didn’t get drawn. Anthing out there besides whitetail that is worth hunting in the general areas if I wanted to walk and stalk? Saw in the rules and regulations that there’s possibly aoudad and axis?
                              Hogs and turkeys are the most likely wildlife you will encounter in the general areas. You are lucky to see Axis and Aoudad...if you do see anything at all.

Comment

Originally posted by cxm057 View Post
                                Gtg

Comment

Working...
                                X