Another cancer thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by airehead View Post
    Man with everything that has been going on in your life This Is GREAT to read.
    God bless y’all

Ron
    I will second that statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
      Tina had her followup with the surgeon today.
      Now she's telling her that she wants to operate AGAIN, and take out ALL the lymph nodes because there was a trace of cancer, in one of the ones removed.

We've had an overall great experience at MD Anderson, but this surgeon can't seem to get her **** straight!

Sorry to hear it
      Prayers up for healing and recovery!!

Ron

Comment

Tina had a consultation with another surgeon, at MD Anderson last week.
        She spent almost two hours with her PA. The PA confirmed the first surgeon's suggestions, but took the time to explain WHY she should take out the rest of the lymph nodes.

Second surgery this Wednesday!

This one is a bit more invasive, and will require an overnight stay, and a considerably longer recovery.

We were almost to the end of the tunnel, then they put the train in reverse!

Comment

Prayers that the surgery goes smoothly and she has a rapid and complete recovery. KCA

Comment

Lord we pray Your will be done in this healing for our sister Tina. We lean on You for our understanding and solutions. Give her care-givers direction to a right procedure so that she is healed. We ask a special blessing of grace and comfort for Tina, Kevin, and little Konnor. Give them peace knowing You are in control Lord. We look forward to the complete healing You have in store for Tina. We thank You for that healing and give You all the glory for it, in Jesus Name, Amen.

Kevin, she is in the best place on the planet for the disease she is fighting. Hang in there brother!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
              Lord we pray Your will be done in this healing for our sister Tina. We lean on You for our understanding and solutions. Give her care-givers direction to a right procedure so that she is healed. We ask a special blessing of grace and comfort for Tina, Kevin, and little Konnor. Give them peace knowing You are in control Lord. We look forward to the complete healing You have in store for Tina. We thank You for that healing and give You all the glory for it, in Jesus Name, Amen.

Kevin, she is in the best place on the planet for the disease she is fighting. Hang in there brother!
              I know she is, Charlie, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
              It's just frustrating, just like any other situation that doesn't yield immediate results.

Thank you, and everyone else, for your continued prayers!

Comment

Morning prayers going up!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Surgery went well, but they're keeping her overnight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers going up!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Our God has got this Kevin!

Thank You Lord for this sweet, sweet mother, wife and friend. Thank You for the healing work You are doing in her. We ask Lord that You complete this work and restore her health completely and wholly that we may demonstrate to others what You do for those who ask in Your name. Thank You Jesus, Amen.

Rest Easy little buddy!

Comment

Sorry I haven't updated in a while.

In the second surgery, they removed 9 more lymph nodes, 2 of which tested positive for cancer, so we made the right decision to have it done.

Last week, she went in to get set up for radiation. They put 5 small tattooed dots on her, to mark the areas they want to treat, and then made some kind of cast that holds her still, during the treatment. Wednesday, she went in for what they call a dry run, where they double check everything. The doctor was happy with it all, so they asked her if she wanted to go ahead and start the radiation that day, instead of the next day ... so she did.

Now she goes in every Monday through Friday, at 9:20am, for 30 days. Two down, 28 to go! She'll be done on May 15th.

Comment

Today was Tina's LAST DAY of radiation! A few follow-up appointments, some hormone pills, and we're back to a "normal" life; if there is such a thing after cancer!

Comment

Prayers up for your family Kevin!

Comment

Good to hear...hope all continues well for her..

Comment

Prayers sent! Hope everything continues on a "normal path"

Comment

Working...
                                X