Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
    That is a dang good Idea.

Hows the backing of that carpet doing to your carbon arrows? Is it too abrassive like sandpaper?
    First thing that crossed my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by super_dave View Post
      We got us a project Sammy!
      I got the carpet

Comment

I'll get the boards

Comment

Looks really good! I've been thinking about building one of these - especially since we are going to have some carpet replaced and I'll have lots to work with. Mine will be left outside and I worry about how it will hold up in the weather. I'm thinking about protecting it with a cheap vinyl grill cover when not in use.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
            Looks really good! I've been thinking about building one of these - especially since we are going to have some carpet replaced and I'll have lots to work with. Mine will be left outside and I worry about how it will hold up in the weather. I'm thinking about protecting it with a cheap vinyl grill cover when not in use.
            prolly a good idea....mine has started to unravel.< if thats how u spell it

Comment

Hows the backing of that carpet doing to your carbon arrows? Is it too abrassive like sandpaper?
              Been shooting into a similar target I built 15 months ago--the carbon arrows don't show a bit of a problem. Only thing I can say is that the field points are polished silver now instead of black.

Comment

Great idea.

Comment

I was a little worried about that myself at first, but I have shot it quite a bit the past couple of day shooting the same 3 arrows. I have not noticed any problems with the arrows yet. I believe its going to be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by imsowright View Post
                    I was a little worried about that myself at first, but I have shot it quite a bit the past couple of day shooting the same 3 arrows. I have not noticed any problems with the arrows yet. I believe its going to be fine.
                    Sweet... I just found another project for this summer!

Comment

my dad used to take burlap sacks and the heavy plastic that automotive parts would come in (he was a auto body man), and cram those plastic wrappings into the burlap sacks, and that worked GREAT! Then just spray paint your dots on the sack.

not good for broad heads though.

Comment

pretty good! im in construction, not gonna give away the remnants anymore

Comment

nice job

Comment

Finally found the link to the one I made--on that "other site"

Comment

Even the store bought ones that say they are broadhead targets don't hold up to continued use with them. That looks like it will work real well.

Comment

Nice job. Happy shooting.

Comment

Working...
                                X