Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texas276 View Post
    Here is what I did....

I ran the 12V solar panel that came with the LED light (yes, it is 12V solar cell, but the internal battery is 6V) to a small SLA battery and then to the light. I put a diode inline with the (+) so the batterey wouldn't feed power to the solar cell and drain the battery it when there wasn't sun. The constant 12V feed into the light makes it brighter.

I put a camera on the same 4X4 and ran a 6V solar cell to a 6V battery in the box and ran that to a plug to the external power feed of the light.

I put a red filter on the light. A buddy has the same light on the same lease and took the filter off and the hogs still came and didn't run off when the plain white came on.

I put the batteries in a $12 conduit box I bought form Home Depot and ran the 3/8" flex conduit to everything. I sealed everything up with silcone and reinforce the attachment points the the solar cell, LED light and the camera with silicone. Hopelully it holds. I also used some of the little hold down for the flex conduit to keep it all inplace. The camera and the light should work for a while without having to do anything to them.

Okay this looks like it should last a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by rackballer View Post
      Wildgame Innovations makes a mountable motion activiated light. Comes with red, green, blue, and clear lenses. Has lots of options with settings and is extremely easy to install on a feeder. Runs on a 6v feeder battery and costs less than $35....
      Any pictures of this thing in action?

Comment

Nice set ups .

Comment

checked my light this morning and it works. Downside is the motion sensor only seems to work on one side. I have pictures of deer and hog under feeder, but the light is not on.

When the light was on it did not seem to bother them.

Comment

Originally posted by 2050z View Post
            checked my light this morning and it works. Downside is the motion sensor only seems to work on one side. I have pictures of deer and hog under feeder, but the light is not on.

When the light was on it did not seem to bother them.

It goes on and off

Comment

Yes the does come on. The motion sensor only seems to work on one side

Comment

https://www.ruralking.com has them for 29$! 19$ with 9$shipping. where are you guys getting the green film? heres what im thinking about doing i got a 50cal ammo can from academy for 9$ going to mount it onto that some how would like to make it to where all the wires are in the ammo can ran to a 6v feeder battery with a solar charger onto a T post or somthing

Comment

Nice. Thanks for the idea.

Comment

those look pretty cool, gonna have to try them

Comment

Originally posted by txsd1211 View Post
                      https://www.ruralking.com has them for 29$! 19$ with 9$shipping. where are you guys getting the green film? heres what im thinking about doing i got a 50cal ammo can from academy for 9$ going to mount it onto that some how would like to make it to where all the wires are in the ammo can ran to a 6v feeder battery with a solar charger onto a T post or somthing

This is what I picked up at Hobby Lobby and it works great.

Comment

I had that light but the idiot cows broke it.

Comment

Thank for all the help! Put mine out yesterday

Comment

Had mine out ( two ) since a couple weeks after this thread started and although the red film has faded to pink, they are still running strong !

Comment

Works decently just In my experiences it won't work past 15 feet without getting really dim

Comment

i built my 1 year ago, but it is currently on my feeder and about to be switched on as soon a deer season ends...

Comment

Working...
                                X