Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NM Elk - UNIT 15 muzzlelaoder - here we come!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck

Comment

Have packed out two 330" bulls from 15 in years past. Both archery bulls and by my buddies. Had a chance at a 350" but ran out of daylight with him in the middle of a meadow. Not sure if you are using them, but get your butt off the 4 wheelers. Too many fools running around and scaring elk. The country is a lot easier to get around in. Great great unit! Kill a big one!!!

Comment

Originally posted by coonazz View Post
        I got skunked. AGAIN!!! I ran around those mountains with my guide from sun up to sun down. Closest I got was 330 yards w/ +40mph wind at a 360 bull on Dillon Mountain. Missed.

Dad got a little barely legal dink bull by sitting in a Double Bull next to a pond the last hunt on the last day.

Will post pics and complete write-up later.
        My brother was there at same time. He said it was very tough hunting. He and his guide talked to 30 something hunters and none of them killed. He finaly got 291 5x6 in last 5 mins of last day. He said he will not go back that far from the rut again. Sorry you did not connect but being skunked a few times is what makes it so rewarding when you finaly get one. Hang in there buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by ELKAHOLIC View Post
          My brother was there at same time. He said it was very tough hunting. He and his guide talked to 30 something hunters and none of them killed. He finaly got 291 5x6 in last 5 mins of last day. He said he will not go back that far from the rut again. Sorry you did not connect but being skunked a few times is what makes it so rewarding when you finaly get one. Hang in there buddy.
          X2 I feel your pain

Comment

Working...
          X