Us h.r. 621

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Us h.r. 621

H.R.621 - To direct the Secretary of the Interior to sell certain Federal lands in Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, and Wyoming, previously identified as suitable for disposal, and for other purposes.

Your thoughts?

It sucks. Don't forget HR 622 to terminate the law enforcement functions of the BLM and Forest Services. Us Congressman Jason Chaffetz (UT-R) is the forefront leader to these bills. Light up his phone with calls and inundate his email box. He's on social media as well.

Both bills are horrible for hunters and fisherman, particularly in the west.

Comment

Really not enough info to take a edumocated guess if it is a good idea or not. My gut says no.

Text: H.R.621 — 115th Congress (2017-2018)All Bill Information (Except Text)

As of 01/30/2017 text has not been received for H.R.621 - To direct the Secretary of the Interior to sell certain Federal lands in Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, and Wyoming, previously identified as suitable for disposal, and for other purposes. \n\n Bills are generally sent to the Library of Congress from GPO, the Government Publishing Office, a day or two after they are introduced on the floor of the House or Senate. Delays can occur when there are a large number of bills to prepare or when a very large bill has to be printed.

Comment

Who are those lands being sold to? And what will they do with those lands? Do those lands have a public hunting and fishing resource? Or other resources, including mineral? How much are the lands being sold for? What will be done with the funds?

And dose Theodore Rosevelt know about this? Do the people know what he did for our country? And for what purpose the lands were set aside? And why?

Comment

I'm torn on it. The Constitutional side of me says the Fed should have never owned it anyway. The Constitution says the government can acquire and retain land necessary for carrying out its enumerated powers. This includes parcels for military bases, post offices and buildings to house federal employees undertaking enumerated functions. I don't think anything the BLM or Forest Service does counts as anything enumerated. Several Supreme Court cases have said the govt can own it but I think that's just case law.

The hunter in me said it could be bad if the Feds sell the land because it could be bought by a private citizen who can then prevent its use. That being said, if they sell it and I don't have the money to buy it that's my fault...I should have gotten a better education or made better investment decisions.

Tough call.

Comment

the land should belong to the state it is within, if the federal government no longer wants to maintain, or drain it......

Comment

Texas sold all of it's school trust lands during a cash crunch. Which is why less than 3% of land is public here and of that 3% less than 1% is available for big game hunting or use. Utah has already sold some land in a cash crunch. Keep public lands in public hands.
              Attached Files

Comment

So the federal government should acquire all of the land or hunting rights in Texas and start a draw system to determine who hunts and where they hunt? I am sure ending private ownership and control would improve the management of our resources and "equalize" the access.

Comment

It's a catch 22. States should have first dibs on purchasing it. Sportsmen in those states should band together and buy up as much as they can if they want to protect it. States could designate it as state land and use it appropriately, including but not limited to hunting, fishing, recreational areas, etc. Tough call, but the bill has not passed anything yet, so there will be a lot of information forthcoming I would imagine.

Comment

NO. Call or write your representative, and tell him so.

Comment

I want to know how much they would sell it for. And who would buy it. Knowing our government they would sell to China for 1/10th of it's worth.

Comment

Originally posted by 2050z View Post
                        H.R.621 - To direct the Secretary of the Interior to sell certain Federal lands in Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, and Wyoming, previously identified as suitable for disposal, and for other purposes.

Your thoughts?
                        They really haven't provided any details besides "suitable for disposal", whatever that means.

Be happy they are going about this one the right way, and not executive order.

Comment

Originally posted by .270 View Post
                          Texas sold all of it's school trust lands during a cash crunch. Which is why less than 3% of land is public here and of that 3% less than 1% is available for big game hunting or use. Utah has already sold some land in a cash crunch. Keep public lands in public hands.
                          X2

It seems like the possibility of "give them a inch; they'll take a mile" situation.

Keep it public. Absolutely no need to allow the government to decide whats "sellable" or "suitable for disposal" and what isn't because we know how that goes

Comment

Pretty much ANYTHING the Feds get involved with besides defending this country against all enemies foreign or domestic gets screwed up... on second thought, scratch that too... They don't even do that very well and now that we have a new Commander-in-Chief and he does try to lay the groundwork to defend us, all the lib-tards are up in arms about it...
                            It would seem to me that since for hunting purposes, the game animals hunted are considered property of the state in which they reside, it would stand to reason that IF there is publically held Federal Lands on which these animals live, IF the fed decides to divest themselves of it, the various states should be given the opportunity to assume responsibility for the lands...

Comment

Im truly baffled at how many people are willing to give up their land to others.
                              This land really is YOURS
                              If it gets sold off, it is no longer yours to use....and you will never get it back.
                              States have an incredible record of selling off land to pay down debt.
                              States want to get land out of their possession and into to private hands so that they can tax it.
                              The fed has held this land for hundreds of years and its ability to own the land has been defended in court case after court case. Its not a constitutional question in my mind.
                              I know it is cool to hate on the American goverment, but the fed does a pretty good job with America's land.

Comment

Working...
                              X