No announcement yet.

Bathroom remodel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good deal. I had originally thought about only doing the seams with tape and corners with tape and red guard over them, but have seen a lot of videos where guys have "painted" the whole enclosure with it for a complete seal. I believe we are going to do that as I have more than enough to do it with.

Comment

Nice looking job. Can I hire you for mine...LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Great. Definitely use the red guard til you run out! What type of copper fittings are those? Is that shark bite?

Comment

Got first coat of the sealer on. Not Redgard as was told that it was discontinued, at least at Lowes. Using what looks to be the same product that is a turquoise green color. Will put on second coat today. Can I put the green gard on top of the mortar bed that the tile will be sitting on to help seal everything up?

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkpuppy 1 View Post
            Got first coat of the sealer on. Not Redgard as was told that it was discontinued, at least at Lowes. Using what looks to be the same product that is a turquoise green color. Will put on second coat today. Can I put the green gard on top of the mortar bed that the tile will be sitting on to help seal everything up?
            I wouldn't. That's what your membrane liner is for. Mortar straight in the "dry pack"

The green guard is the exact same thing as red guard ...... just the "stores brand". It's good stuff

Comment

Ok.. SO my "layers" are as follows....

Foundation
              PVC liner
              "Dry pack"

Anything wrong there? Was just wondering if sealing off the dry pack would just add another water proof layer, or just leave as is. The dry pack material I used was called Mapei 4 to 1. Said was for this type of application....

Comment

You are ready to go!

I wouldn't put "red guard" on top of 4-n-1. It's made to mortar on top of

Comment

Ok. Works for me. Wasn't sure if there was any benefit to do it or not....

Comment

Could cause bonding issues with the pack... just a concern. Never done it. Or know of it being done

Comment

Was wondering about that as well. Not going to do any there, just the walls and ceiling

Comment

You gonna tile ceiling?

Comment

No, but with it being somewhat smaller of a walk-in, there is a ton of moisture that will be hitting it though steam and what not. I did put backer board up there and have treated it the same as the wall so far with caulk and green guard on it.

Comment

Looking good... my parents are adding a half bath and I was up last weekend hanging rock

Comment

Got all the green guard on and ready for tile. Now we just have to agree on what tile we are going with. We are leaning heavily on porcelain as I would think it is more waterproof than the natural rock type of travertine?

Comment

The wife and I are wanting to do this but dont know if we want to take on the project ourselves. Looks like it is turning out nice for you guys!

Comment

Working...
                                X