Bathroom remodel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bathroom remodel

Well, after getting a bid for just the shower of $5k, we decided to do all the work, as usual, ourselves on our master bath remodel.

Where we started. We removed all of the existing cabinets as only the double vanity section is what we will replace.

Once we got the cabs all out we started on the shower...

We tore out all of the old tile, lat wire and concrete and pan of the shower all the way down to the studs...

Once we got it all out to start over, we replaced where the tile was outside of the shower with new dry wall...

Replaced the shower hardware with new and raised up the shower head about 10" from what it was....

As it sits now, I have in the new pan liner, drain and backer board. We did put in a nook that you can't see in the pics. A few more pieces of backer and it will be ready to put in the pan to slope, seal everything up with redgard and then begin the tile work...

I'm in. We've been threatening to do ours for awhile.

Comment

Done this once and that demo work is no fun at all.

I bet the Momma really appreciates all the action shots!

So did you help or just take pics and offer moral support?

Looking real good so far don't forget to add a light you will be glad you did

Comment

Get you some stuff called Red Guard and some fiberglass mesh tape for all the seems. It will make your backer board water tight. Your welcome.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Comment

^ already have the tape and red gard. Just waiting to do all the seams at the same time once they are all done. Just haven't gotten to that part yet. Also will put small pieces of tape and red gard over all screw heads as well...

Comment

Originally posted by Austin View Post
            Done this once and that demo work is no fun at all.

I bet the Momma really appreciates all the action shots!

So did you help or just take pics and offer moral support?

Looking real good so far don't forget to add a light you will be glad you did
            Demo was horrible and I'm glad it's over.

I helped demo and rebuild, not just pics.

Comment

Looks good so far. I just totally gutted one large bathroom and made it into two. Learned a lot a long the way.

Comment

Looks awesome! How long you been working on it?

Comment

Good start

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice work so far

Comment

Looking good.

Comment

Looking good. About to take on the same but a much smaller scale. Our shower pan doesn't drain properly so just gonna redo the whole thing

Comment

In for the pics...

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

Made a little more progress last night. Finished up 99% of all the backer board and went ahead and sealed all the screw heads and seams up with 100% silicone. Will still come back with the fiber tape and red-guard to seal everything up again. Hope to be putting down the base of the floor by Thursday and then will begin the tile work....

Comment

Working...
                              X