Can pigs see a green light?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can pigs see a green light?

I want to put a good light on my ar to hunt hogs at night. I was looking at the ND-3 by laser genetics but the reviews said the hogs ran off after they were lite up with light. Also they said the light would not function in cold weather. What do you guys use or reccommend for your bows and riffles to hunt hogs at night?

Any color of light shined directly onto a pig will spook them. They get educated real quick. Most of the time you can shine a red or green up in the air and slowly bring it down till you have enough to shoot. Works better than white doing it that way.

Comment

I use a green light on mine. I don't know that red or green really spooks them. What I've noticed is that if its pitch black and you just cut on the light, they get spooked. I simply turn on the light hovering over them and slowly lower it. Seems to work ok.

Comment

Whatever color you use, don't hit 'em with it all at once. Shine to one side of the hogs and move the beam of the light over on to them. Red has worked for me, but that's just from limited experience.

Comment

I use a kill light....which has green and red light... They dont seem to be bothered by it at all. Its not like a white light for sure. Its like they notice it but are not bothered too much. Look at your game camera. Mine have a red and green light. They see it, but not too bothered. If it where white light it would. JMO

Comment

I've used a solar powered feeder light over the hog set up I have. Attach it to a tree or post angle the lights where you want them then wait them out.

Comment

What they said.

Comment

I use a white light while bow hunting, and have not had a problem yet, but I don't hunt much at night.

Comment

Cast and Blast...you lost me with hunting with a light in the daytime? huh

Comment

I have white solar motion sensor light attached to the feeder to let me know when the hogs comes in under the feeder. It works on sunny days. It doesn't last all night.

I use E.W.T. Feeder Kill Light (green light) attached on the bottom of the varmint guard, when the motion sensor is low on battery during the overcast days, or if I am hunting all night.

I have Destroyer Light that I rarely use. I plan on using for Varmint Hunts only.

Good luck on your endeavor when Hog Hunting.

Comment

Save your money and get the kill light that ND -3 is alot more expensive !!

Comment

What the first couple said. Turn on pointed in air and slowly lower it. I've heard has something to do with seeing a shadow all of a sudden but dont know if that s true.

Comment

Green or red are your colors. like stated above just don't hit them with it all at once.

Comment

I use a green light!

Comment

What are some of the good lights out there?

Comment

Working...
                              X