No announcement yet.

What’s yalls outtake on video games in school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI - Louisiana-Lafayette (ULL) is actively recruiting high school kids from around the world and offering them scholarships and $$$ for college. Kids can now earn college degrees in video game design, animation, game engine development, etc... Universities want the brightest and best kids to represent them at gaming competitions. It's no different than Julliard or Berkeley offering kids scholarships for music, dance, and theatre. Gaming is 100~200 billion dollar industry

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
      FYI - Louisiana-Lafayette (ULL) is actively recruiting high school kids from around the world and offering them scholarships and $$$ for college. Kids can now earn college degrees in video game design, animation, game engine development, etc... Universities want the brightest and best kids to represent them at gaming competitions. It's no different than Julliard or Berkeley offering kids scholarships for music, dance, and theatre. Gaming is 100~200 billion dollar industry
      St Edwards here in Austin has a similar program.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_bowhunter86 View Post
        So last night watch fox 4, I seen were they are doing a video gamer class and making a sports team for e sports or something to the matter. I heard that and my mind went left.

I think it’s a pipe dream for the young generation and a waste of tax money. They say it’s to sharpen there minds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am guessing you don't have children in public school or you would see this is a very minimal waste of money compared how they waste a ton more money on completely useless ventures.

My girls don't play and I don't so I was completely in the dark about this topic until seeing an E30 segment about the "Esports/Gaming Industry" some time ago.

Blew me away. The contest they were covering was all about college scholarship money for the teams. A lot of money.

Comment

No place in school for video games.

Comment

Working...
          X