• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did you wet age?

Comment

Originally posted by peterp63 View Post
      How did you wet age?

Better yet, how do you inject a jalapeño?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

**** that looks GOOD

Comment

Looks awesome!

Comment

Looks great. Let’s hear more about the wet age.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
              Looks great. Let’s hear more about the wet age.

Dang that looks good!!!!

I would guess wet aging would be to let the vacu-sealed roast age in the refrigerator for a week or more

Comment

Originally posted by twobittxn View Post
                Shoulder roast? Ham?

Looks good.
                I'm thinking it came from the outside of the hindquarter, too big for shoulder, and to thin for the actual ham.

Originally posted by peterp63 View Post
                How did you wet age?
                Most of what I've learned about aging I gleaned from here, and other sites. I defrosted to remove the paper wrapping from the processor, vacuum sealed and left it on the bottom shelf of the fridge for 14 days.

[QUOTE=Dushon;14419052]Better yet, how do you inject a jalapeño?

Almost spit my coffee lol, my pepper plant has been producing very small very hot peppers. I chopped the tops off a handful and threw them in the blender, added a cup of water. After blending well, I strained into a measuring cup and tasted it @#$%^&@*. I poured off all but about a Tbs to use for a jerky marinade, added beer and injected.

This was my first go at wet aging, and while I'm very impressed with the result, this was almost too tender for my palate (going to do 10 days next time). It wasn't dry at all, juices were running off the cutting board while I let it stand. The ends came out to a medium well and plenty moist.

Comment

That looks great!

Last year's doe hung in the walk-in for two weeks. I've got a whole shoulder vac sealed in the freezer that I'm trying to find something to do with.

Comment

That looks amazing. I think I will give this a try.

Comment

Looks good

Comment

Looks awesome!

Comment

Very nice. There's a jalapeño/butter injector that is great on those deer roast as well.

Comment

Comment

looks great

here's a simple breakdown for those that want to try
                              Aging meat isn’t really optional when it comes to wild game. For lean, tough cuts that hunters are familiar with, this is a necessity to create a quality end product. There are two types of aging, each with their own pros and cons. Dry aging is considered to be the traditional form of aging. For...

Comment

[quote=AntlerCollector;14419570]

Yessir, I like this one also, had to improvise at the time

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                                looks great

here's a simple breakdown for those that want to try
                                https://www.themeateater.com/cook/bu...aging-big-game
                                Thanks Hooligan, this is one of the sites I scoured

Comment

Working...
                                X