2018-2019 Hill Country Hunting Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
    Going to head out on Saturday to do a little work and try to catch a hog slipping up. Hopefully have some pictures to share.
    I can’t wait to see pictures. It’ll be a few weeks before i head down again, can’t wait to see growth.

Comment

Northern part of Hill country in Coryell co. We need rain bad😢

Comment

Just got back from Fredericksburg today.. saw an ungodly amount of deer along the roads... made me want a lease out that way! I did notice, if there was a green field, it had deer in it. Y’all need rain bad!

Comment

Originally posted by Easttxbowman View Post
          Just got back from Fredericksburg today.. saw an ungodly amount of deer along the roads... made me want a lease out that way! I did notice, if there was a green field, it had deer in it. Y’all need rain bad!
          Our place isn't too bad yet, but getting there. We got some of the pop showers over last couple of months. But if we don't get any in next week or so we will be rough. Our Creek is still running, but slow.

Comment

New to the fire but have been hunting around the Mountain Home area for about 5 years now. Deer and axis are hammering the protein the past couple months even with the green grass. Hope we keep getting the timely rains. Heading to ranch last weekend of June to fill feeders and check cameras, will post pictures if I’ve figured out how by then

Anybody seeing fawns yet in that area? We are not too far from Garven store

Comment

We're a few miles from the city of Mason. Haven't made it to the lease since turkey season ended. Saw lots of bucks but it was still pretty early to tell how they were gonna turn out at that time. It was still kinda green then. Their calling for rain late this weekend and early next week. Hope so.

Will be headed down in two weeks. Will pull camera cards then and see what's there. Will pig hunt while there. Should be able to see lot's of deer then also.

Last year was the best overall year we've had in the 5 years I've been on the lease. I'm hoping this year is even better.

Comment

Will be the first year not chasing sheep on our place since I finally out smarted him last year so that will be a big change.

Also moving to Houston so my 40 min trip to get the the camp house is now 3hrs and 40mins...

Comment

I'm just east of Harper on 290. I'm hoping this season is better than last year. It has to be. Worst I've ever seen. We just hardly saw any deer coming to feeders.

Comment

^^^We had the same issue last year. Biggest acorn crop I have ever seen, and I have hunted the hill country my whole life. But near end of December the deer really started showing up. 20-25 or more deer per sit at every dlfeeder. We will see what happens. We have a ton of work to get everything in shape over next several years.

Comment

Well made it out to the lease on Saturday. It is for sure getting dry, but we still have a fair amount of green around with good chances all week for some rain. Creeks are still running, at a trickle, but we have water. We were able to get another feeder set, and fed all the roads around the lease, about 400lbs. Saw easily over 100 deer, shot a couple small hogs and a coon. All in all, it was a fun outing with the kids and my buddy getting stuff going in the right direction out there.

Bucks seem to be quite a bit behind the deer around my house, but they are growing. Lots of hogs, and since we started feeding more than just corn, we have way more Turkeys around than last year. Hope to have pictures that actually show something horn wise next month or so. We shall see.

Comment

Looking very forward to the Fall in Edwards County. We are needing some rain but things are still looking good. Went out June 1 and the axis were roaring hard. I’ll put out cameras on my next trip and have high hopes for what’s hitting the protein.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Achord83 View Post
                          Anybody seeing fawns yet in that area? We are not too far from Garven store
                          I was showing ranch property on HWY 41 very close to there and saw fawns on May 24/25.

Comment

I haven't been out to our place in Llano recently but the deer are looking pretty good on the cell cams. Going through about 1k of protein a week right now at each station. We need more rain!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

In central Lampasas County we are holding good water in our stock ponds and the windmills are keeping the water in water stations full. Deer are looking fat and healthy. Starting to come to protein more than grass and forbes in the last 2 weeks. All in all...…..lookin good so far
                              Attached Files

Comment

Good looking pics

Comment

Working...
                                X