Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the coldest weather you've hunted in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

-12 in Missouri it was brutal!

Comment

I bowhunted several years ago when it was around 15 degrees but the wind was stout and I'm sure the windchill was down there. I looked like the Michelon man on the stand.

Comment

Went dove hunting on Jan. 4 in early 80's when it was -4°. Dove were in almost every cedar tree. Couldn't hit any cause they flew straight away with tree between me and them. I was bundled up pretty good so I couldn't get on em very fast.

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
          Did an all day sit in Nebraska where the temp heading to the stand was 12 degrees and the high was 17 degrees. I hated it! I did a late season spot and stalk hunt for muleys in Colorado and the temps first thing in morning were -2 to -3.

-2 for a spot and stalk in Colorado isn't bad if the wind isn't howling. You can over dress for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

7°, Dad wouldn't let us run any heaters in the trailer, no power for furnace, worried about fire or asphyxiation. Woke up with ice in my mustache, used propane heater in the stand. Wasn't too bad, no wind at all. Saw several deer, none good enough to take gloves off to dress one though.

Comment

6 degrees in Nebraska for spot and stalk Mulies.

Comment

-18 in Saskatchewan

Comment

Low single digits in West Texas, wind chills in -low double digits

Comment

10 degrees in Fredericksburg one time. Coldest I've been though was in Sanderson several years ago, woke up and it was 15 degrees outside and pretty close to the same temperature inside.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Single digits in Arkansas for duck hunting, about the same trying to fish in Virginia, deer hunting in the teens.

Comment

-15 first year I ever hunted deer. In Iowa and there was no blind or heater. Outside, sitting on a frozen stump waiting for drivers to make it to me. Nearly had a fox jump on my lap, probably trying to get warm. I was so cold I couldn't have pulled the trigger if a 273" deer walked in front of me.

Comment

4 degrees south of Marfa in the early 70's.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                            8 or 9

Aluminum bow grip is painful at those temps.
                            Switch to a Mathews!

Comment

5 degrees or so with wind chill below 0. Deer in Texas don’t move much in those temps.

Comment

- 40 in Alberta CA, we sat in the truck with a 5 gallon propane tank and an infared burner between us, still about froze.

Comment

Working...
                                X