X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post

Nosler is about 5 yrs to late to the "AR new cartridge platform" party

gonna be an epic failure just like many of the WSSM / WSM cartridges
    I love my 25wssm!!!! And my 270wsm ain't bad either. Why do you say failures???

Comment

Originally posted by freestylest22 View Post

I love mine too but the wssm WAS an epic failure - Winchester failed to market them properly and they've completely dropped any support of those calibers, including their failure to continue ammunition production or even brass production. They're great calibers that are an enormous and expensive PITA to shoot. Even reloading dies are more expensive than any similar caliber

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

WSSM were epic failures.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
          WSSM were epic failures.

Yep.. 7wsm is the only one of those that fell flat though. Not sure why

Comment

b/c Winchester failed miserably at R&D before introducing the WSSM cartridges and they don't support the product line. Eerily reminds me of Remington's Etronix rifle released during this same time period - what a freakin' cluster that was

google 223 WSSM and read any thread confirming it's failure. If you own a rifle chambered in 223WSSM you can't even give it away

additionally, brass is either non-existent or you have to pay a King's ransom ... $2-3 a piece for fired nickle brass, and $4+ per round for loaded ammo (see links below) .... which is beyond ridiculous

the WSM cartridges appear to be a better design and have received support from other rifle and ammunition companies

http://www.midwayusa.com/s?userSearc...temsPerPage=48

http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?Keywords=25+wssm
            Last edited by Cajun Blake; 01-18-2017, 04:28 PM.

Comment

My dad has a 223wssm and he shoots it alot, and reloads for it as well. My 25wssm goes boom everytime and has killed countless coyotes, deer, hogs and my go to gun for speed goats. So I think your statement is invalid and therefore voided from my brain. Lol. That was the first gun I bought brand new with my own money so it's special! But I agree with you on the absence of support on brass or ammo. Thank God I bought several boxes of ammo and dies back when it was available.

Comment

... My dad has a 223wssm and he shoots it alot, and reloads for it as well. My 25wssm goes boom everytime and has killed countless coyotes, deer, hogs and my go to gun for speed goats. .

when you get a chance, check the bore to see if it's regular steel or chrome lined

because the 223 WSSM was notorious for excessive barrel wear and short barrel life, Win started chrome-lining the bores towards the end of production.

Comment

My dad has a 223wssm and he shoots it alot, and reloads for it as well. My 25wssm goes boom everytime and has killed countless coyotes, deer, hogs and my go to gun for speed goats. So I think your statement is invalid and therefore voided from my brain. Lol. That was the first gun I bought brand new with my own money so it's special! But I agree with you on the absence of support on brass or ammo. Thank God I bought several boxes of ammo and dies back when it was available.

He's not saying the WSSM's won't work. They were a marketing flop big time. Just like the 30 TC.

Comment

He's not saying the WSSM's won't work. They were a marketing flop big time. Just like the 30 TC.

And the

.244 Remington
                    7mm Express
                    5mm Remington RF Magnum

Comment

22 nosler

And the

.244 Remington

7mm Express

5mm Remington RF Magnum

My uncle still has a 5mm lol. Ammo is basically non existent as far as I know.

Comment

My uncle still has a 5mm lol. Ammo is basically non existent as far as I know.

Original boxed ammo is priced higher than giraffe nuts

Centurian re-introduced the 5mm Mag ammo back in 2008 and it's affordable

My small caliber friends converted their 591/592 rifles to CF and reload for it

Comment

when you get a chance, check the bore to see if it's regular steel or chrome lined

because the 223 WSSM was notorious for excessive barrel wear and short barrel life, Win started chrome-lining the bores towards the end of production.
                          Mine and my dad's are Browning A-bolts. Browning put a new barrel and bolt face in the 223wssm a few months after my dad bought it, not sure if it's chrome lined or not. Best I remember it was splitting cases and accuracy was bad. Winchester replaced all his ammo, fired and un-fired as they said his was included in a bad batch.

Comment

So my question now is will this be a better option over the 6x45?
                            And how soon will someone neck this 22 nosler up to a 6mm?

Comment

Originally posted by keatonskidmore View Post
                              So my question now is will this be a better option over the 6x45?
                              And how soon will someone neck this 22 nosler up to a 6mm?

If brass for that 22 is anything like brass for my 26 get ready to pay out the nose for it.

Comment

If brass for that 22 is anything like brass for my 26 get ready to pay out the nose for it.

Midway has noslers brass for it at $66 for 100 pieces. Which nosler .223 brass is $62 for 100. I don't think that's too bad for quality brass.

Really fighting the urge to order a upper.

Comment

Working...
                                X