Sako Forester value opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sako Forester value opinions

Anybody have an idea on what this gun is worth...

Sako Forester Deluxe .243 that, as I understand it, is a "pre-Garcia" gun. Has an old Redfield Widefield 4x scope on it. I don't think it's had more than a box of shells through it. There are two almost unnoticeable scratches in the stock. I'd really call them marks that wouldn't be seen if you weren't doing an full on inspection.

Just curious more than anything but toying with the idea of selling it.

1200-1500

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
      1200-1500
      This^^^^

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

If you decide to sell it....PM me I'm interested.

Comment

What they said. I have a 1969 Forester Carbine L579 .243 that is a shooter. Absolutely LOVE that gun.

Comment

Thanks all! Not 100% sure I want to sell it but this is a "space in the safe" decision.

Comment

I have that same gun. My father used it on safari in 1972 and the emgraving on the magazine floor plate is a Thompson's gazelle instead of a pronghorn. It has the sweetest favtory trigger that I have ever touched.

Comment

Originally posted by All Lit Up View Post
                I have that same gun. My father used it on safari in 1972 and the emgraving on the magazine floor plate is a Thompson's gazelle instead of a pronghorn. It has the sweetest favtory trigger that I have ever touched.

That's good to hear! I'd read that they're a nice trigger but haven't shot it or dry fired it. The action is very smooth.

Comment

Working...
                X