Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best .40 cal pistol for the money?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bassinking View Post
    The sig 226 is a sweet shooter and you can also swap out the barrels and shoot 357 sig 2 guns in one.My cousin is a DPS seargent and this is the same gun the troopers carry they use the 357.I have a 357 barrel ordered for mine
    x2 on the P226.
    Not cheap though

Comment

No one has said STI yet... interesting... it gets great reviews...even classed like a kimber..
      FIL has a REAL nice .45 1911 shorty.. beautiful gun...

Comment

I like my little Glock 23.

Wouldn't mind the Taurus millenium pro for carryin though.

Comment

Glock 27

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
            No one has said STI yet... interesting... it gets great reviews...even classed like a kimber..
            FIL has a REAL nice .45 1911 shorty.. beautiful gun...
            Kimber is waaaaaaaay overrated and their customer service sucks

Comment

Originally posted by Snipehunter View Post
              I say XD for this reason, safety. The XD has a trigger safety, grip safety, a round position indicator(chamber), and you can tell if it is cocked in the dark by using your thumb to check if the firing pin is in the rearmost position. Too easy to use and very accurate. Glocks are awesome, but their safety mechanism's are not as good, IMO. I bought mine brnad new, with night sights, for $485 at GT distributors in Austin.
              X2

Comment

Originally posted by asttbe View Post
                Kimber is waaaaaaaay overrated and their customer service sucks
                granted.. but STI is 'classed like them'... meaning rated high.. and I haven't read a bad thing yet... just curious why they aren't ever brought up in these threads?
                even made in texas..

Comment

XD Compact .40
                  I would look at the new XDM compact....I like it alot better.

Comment

I say XD for this reason, safety. The XD has a trigger safety, grip safety, a round position indicator(chamber), and you can tell if it is cocked in the dark by using your thumb to check if the firing pin is in the rearmost position. Too easy to use and very accurate. Glocks are awesome, but their safety mechanism's are not as good, IMO. I bought mine brnad new, with night sights, for $485 at GT distributors in Austin.
                    Safeties only save you from yourself, not bad people.

Glock

Comment

Originally posted by asttbe View Post
                      HK USP

Personal opinion though
                      I think the "well priced" request kind of drops the USP out of the running.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                        granted.. but STI is 'classed like them'... meaning rated high.. and I haven't read a bad thing yet... just curious why they aren't ever brought up in these threads?
                        even made in texas..
                        I've heard nothing but good things about STI never even held one though

Comment

Since you're in Houston, save yourself some time and hassle and go to Tomball Pawn...best prices on new firearms I have found in town by far!

Comment

Originally posted by TexMax View Post
                            Safeties only save you from yourself, not bad people.

Glock
                            Which gun was used when the officer accidentally shot the perp in the back that was lying on the ground, Glock.

Which gun was used when the cop accidentally shot himself in the foot while in front of a class, Glock.

Yep, you can't put a safety on stupid either

Comment

this ^^^^^^^ and i have the xdm with the changable grips and imo the best pistola that i have ever shot and the fastest to break down and clean

Comment

Which gun was used when the officer accidentally shot the perp in the back that was lying on the ground, Glock.

Which gun was used when the cop accidentally shot himself in the foot while in front of a class, Glock.

Yep, you can't put a safety on stupid either
                                If only they had had a loaded chamber indicator!! Would never have happened

Comment

Working...
                                X