Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best .40 cal pistol for the money?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the best .40 cal pistol for the money?

I am looking for a reliable and well priced used .40 cal semi auto pistol. I just want to know what i should expect for pricing and reliability.

XD Compact .40

Comment

Originally posted by Snipehunter View Post
      XD Compact .40

Comment

Glock.

Comment

even taurus makes a nice slim 40 cal !

Comment

XD

Comment

What if i dont want to carry.

Comment

I say XD for this reason, safety. The XD has a trigger safety, grip safety, a round position indicator(chamber), and you can tell if it is cocked in the dark by using your thumb to check if the firing pin is in the rearmost position. Too easy to use and very accurate. Glocks are awesome, but their safety mechanism's are not as good, IMO. I bought mine brnad new, with night sights, for $485 at GT distributors in Austin.

Comment

I would have to go with the XD. Safe and never jams.

Comment

CZ. My brother has had his for 4 years now and no problems what so ever.

Comment

Glock. Have had mine for about 5 years now. Thru all weather conditions, hog hunting and everyday carry. To this day it has never jambed or failed to fire. Not even once.

Comment

HK USP

Personal opinion though

Comment

SIG

Comment

I went through this last summer. I wanted a .40. On the high end, I liked the H&K USP and the SIG P229, but wasn't willing to go that high. On the low end there was the SIG 2022 and Taurus 24/7, but really didnt' like either. I looked in the mid-range at the Glocks and the Beretta PX4 F Storm. I ended up with the PX4F Storm ($500 at BPS on sale at that time) and don't regret it. It had all the features I wanted and my wife liked it better than anything we looked at also (since it was technically for her), so it was a done deal for us.

Comment

The sig 226 is a sweet shooter and you can also swap out the barrels and shoot 357 sig 2 guns in one.My cousin is a DPS seargent and this is the same gun the troopers carry they use the 357.I have a 357 barrel ordered for mine

Comment

Working...
                              X