LBJ Grasslands 2016-2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fordtough68 View Post
    Well, I ended up sleeping in this morning at the campsite and didn't go hunting. So, no luck here lol. However, I did happen to go out to set a camera and found where a guy made a blind. Found the oats he was baiting with too. I know who the guy is and see his truck out there all the time in the same place. I bagged up all of his oats and made sure to leave my scent all over the place. I hate it when I have to work extra hard by following the rules and people like this come along and act like they are above the law. That's ok though, I have a pic of his tags and his truck and the game warden has been notified. We both have been hunting the same unit since opener and now the guy decides to move to about 20 yards from my stand and made sure he came to my campsite to let me know he was hunting there so I wouldn't walk in on his spot. Typically this would actually be a good thing, except he already knew where I was hunting from previous conversations. It'll all be worth having to move for a little bit just to see the GW bust him.
    I'm a feared I'd make it a point to walk into his spot...with a Game Warden.

Comment

Hope they catch that worm

Comment

Well, I ended up sleeping in this morning at the campsite and didn't go hunting. So, no luck here lol. However, I did happen to go out to set a camera and found where a guy made a blind. Found the oats he was baiting with too. I know who the guy is and see his truck out there all the time in the same place. I bagged up all of his oats and made sure to leave my scent all over the place. I hate it when I have to work extra hard by following the rules and people like this come along and act like they are above the law. That's ok though, I have a pic of his tags and his truck and the game warden has been notified. We both have been hunting the same unit since opener and now the guy decides to move to about 20 yards from my stand and made sure he came to my campsite to let me know he was hunting there so I wouldn't walk in on his spot. Typically this would actually be a good thing, except he already knew where I was hunting from previous conversations. It'll all be worth having to move for a little bit just to see the GW bust him.
        Just curious, but did the GW act interested at all about the situation?

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
          Just curious, but did the GW act interested at all about the situation?
          Yes sir. Baiting is illegal. The coordinates of the makeshift blind really peaked his interest.

Comment

Yes sir. Baiting is illegal. The coordinates of the makeshift blind really peaked his interest.
            Good. The reason I was asking is because I've called a couple of times about serious violation of game laws and got a cool reception at best.

Comment

Good. The reason I was asking is because I've called a couple of times about serious violation of game laws and got a cool reception at best.
              Wow, usually the GW takes this sort of thing very serious.

Comment

US Forestry Service has their own game warden. Get a Ranger involved. And he will get their GW involved. Also, the US Fish and Wildlife Service is another that will take up a stance on any federal lands. Then the violator can deal with the state GW after that, who will be interested in the left over drippings also.
                Last edited by Texas Grown; 10-24-2016, 03:03 PM.

Comment

I didn't think there were any deer in LBJ anyways... I'm guessing he was just bird watching ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
                    I didn't think there were any deer in LBJ anyways... I'm guessing he was just bird watching ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    There's not, and that's my guess as well.

Comment

There's not, and that's my guess as well.
                      Then they ought to get him for littering and illegal dumping also.

Comment

Which GW, if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

Here is my opinion on Texas Game Wardens and what they enforce on Fed Land, again I could be wrong. The TPWD enforces State regulations, and that wouldn't include the Stand 72 hours nor the feeding/baiting.

Comment

Originally posted by planomustang View Post
                            Which GW, if you don't mind me asking?
                            I don't mind you asking at all.

Comment

Things are picking up in Wise county. A buddy of mine got a decent 8 out there this morning.

Comment

No proof without pics

Comment

Working...
                                X