No announcement yet.

White Lightning!!!!! 9.98 100M

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I ran the 100 yard dash they timed me and started laughing . Had to run it again once all the coaches gathered around.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I used to follow Jeremy in the 200. Thanks for the heads up on this kid, good thread

Comment

WOW, that dude has a yell of a finish!

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
          Why? Why is it so hard for grown men to talk about race when it's applicable? The sprint world has been dominated by black men most of my life and will likely continue to be. Jeremy Wariner from Baylor is the only white guy that i can think of that's mattered much in the sprint game and that was years ago now. So it is applicable when a white kid, from a rich private school no less, dominates the track in a state the size of Texas. If you don't believe me, show up to the state track meet, sit high in the bleachers where all the older black gentlemen are sitting (and betting) and see what they have to say about it. I bet the first thing they say is "that white boy can fly". Because he is and he can.
          Been there and heard the same type conversations 👍

Comment

Originally posted by Jcjohnson View Post
            It’s not that deep. I don’t think it’s a secret that almost all of the fastest guys In The world are African American. It’s just unique to see a white guy be that fast
            Actually in recent history they are Jamaican.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

We ain’t talking Metal Bbq Bob!

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                Actually in recent history they are Jamaican.

Gotcha, just didn’t want to be offensive to any one and say black.

Comment

His 9.98 will go down unofficial because of the wind. I believe I read that it was 4+ mph tailwind. Anything over 2 mph does not count. The little bit of wind definitely helps.

Not to take away anything from the kid. 10.2 is phenomenal for a HS time. Can't wait to see what he runs when gets to Georgia and then when he turns pro.

I don't believe Bolt's record will be broken for a very very long time, if ever.

Comment

Some are calling into question his previous ten 100m race times and this one

Seems he made too big of a leap and folks are digging deeper

Comment

Here is the up-to-date track and field top lists for each event.

https://www.iaaf.org/records/toplist...sultsOnly=true

Comment

Isnt it the fastest wind aided time?

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                          Being white in Houston, you are either fast, one bad MoFo, or you learn to take a beating. He learned to be fast.

True.

Comment

Including all wind aided times, he is number 2 in the world right now.

His official time of 10.22 puts him at 41st in the world and 12th in the US.
                            Last edited by Grizz83; 04-30-2019, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Fastest person in US is a student at Texas Tech, Divine Oduduru, a Nigerian, who ran a 9.95 100m.

My wife went to school with him, which is the only reason I have heard of him.

Texas Tech speedster Divine Oduduru became the first Red Raider to go sub-ten on the 100-meter dash Saturday evening in Waco.

Comment

For HS kids, yes. This is the fastest all condition time ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X