Your arrow choice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your arrow choice

I realize the season has started and it's past time to settle in and stay the course. HOWEVER. Since I am still trying to get all the newness wore off the hummingbird, and still experimenting with arrow spine and weight.
    WHAT ARROW DO YOU SHOOT?
    Brand, spine, point weight, and bow draw weight at your draw please.

It's always amazing to me how many different combos come up within and slot poundage range.

I have two different arrows currently.
    Gold Tip Nugents 500 spine cut to 29" with 100 grain brass and 145 grain heads for my 51# longbow

Currently liking GoldTip Traditionals 600 spine cut to 29" with standard insert and aluminum sleeve with same 145 grain point weight. 43# recurve

I'm a N
    Black Eagle Vintage fan. I'm shooting 500s out of my Widow and I have some 400s I'm going to set up for my big Jim Thunderchild. 175 grains up front.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Sarrels Blueridge longbow, 50#@29" (my DL)

Easton Axis Full Metal Jacket, .400 spine, 31.5", 75gr brass insert, 145/150 field point/broadhead, about 19%FOC, 563gr total arrow weight.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Easton axis 340 with 100 grain slick trick, lumenock, with 28" draw at #67 lbs.

Comment

70/75# spined woods with 265 grains up front out of a 63# long bow, 3 fletched with 5" feathers.

Comment

Easton Axis traditional both have the 75gr brass inserts and cut to 30 inches, both bows are Kodiak Magnums.

44 lb bow at 29 inches 500 spine with 125gr magnus
            53 lb bow at 29 inches 400 spine with 150gr magnus.

Yes at that draw length those short bows pinch a little but will put up with that since I just love the way they feel and shoot. 8.25 inch brace height on both bows.

Comment

Warrior .400 spine carbons at 31-1/2", with 225-grain single bevel Tuffheads, along with a 75-grain adapter for screw-in, plus 100-grain brass insert for total of 680 grains and about 25 % FOC. Shooting Jay Weathers 3-piece takedown recurve using 70# limbs, but about 67# at my 27" draw length.

Comment

Sarrels blueridge sr 52#@ 29.5" my dl.

Gold tip traditional classic 400, 31.5", 78 gr insert, 125 point. Total arrow weight is 590 gr.

Comment

I'm hunting with my Bob Lee recurve this year - 53# at my draw length.
                  * 400 spine 3Rivers "Traditional Only" shafts
                  * 29.625" length
                  * 75 grain insert
                  * 150 grain head
                  * 3-5" feathers
                  Around 520 grains total weight

Comment

Predator Longbow with Raptor archery bois d'arc footed doug fir shafts, 4 in. 4 fletch trueflight feathers with a 125 gr Zwickie broadhead. I'm at 500 gr total arrow weight.

Comment

I'm shooting a Black Widow PCH 49@29 with full length GT 400's, standard inserts and 145 grain field tips. I switched from Zwickey's back to 3 blade heads for deer this year. VPA 150 grain Terminators.

Comment

Belcher Union Jack Hill Style LB 50@28, Bamboo shafts, 3 fletch, 125gr single bevel Grizzly's. Come in at 520-530 grains.

Need to get my new Sarrells Sierra into the game, 52@28.

Comment

I turn my own wood arrows out using a two stage dowel maker. I make them out of many different woods, cherry, maple, white pine and most anything else with a straight grain. I also foot some of my arrows, which is a pain, but they look nice. I brought back some mesquite one winter from Texas and have used it for footing an arrow.

I also use stone points most of the time and self bows. Although I used a recurve and aluminum arrow two weeks ago to take a Michigan black bear.

Comment

54lb @ 28 Drycreek longbow
                            3Rivers "Traditional Only" 400 spine shafts cut to 29"
                            100 gr brass insert with a 175 gr Zwickey No Mercy broadhead.

Comment

Black Widow PCH 48#@27". Stock BW Dynaflight 97 14 strand string. (BTW, string is important too!)

29" Carbon Express Heritage 150s. (500 spine)
                              50gr GT adapter weights
                              3 x 4" Parabilic Truflight feathers
                              175 gr Zwickey Delta 2 blade broadheads.

Comes out to 540gr for the total arrow setup, or 11.25 gpp.

Comment

Working...
                              X